Why the 5 or 6 schools give up the penalty fee?

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
there has to be some agreement made by the 5 schools to let that money go to Texas, A&M, and OU.....

Was it to get that all the Big 12(10) game on TV now.....

If ISU was to bolt to a different conference, does ISU have to pay the penalty fee still..........

shildreth

Mar 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
there has to be some agreement made by the 5 schools to let that money go to Texas, A&M, and OU.....

Was it to get that all the Big 12(10) game on TV now.....

If ISU was to bolt to a different conference, does ISU have to pay the penalty fee still..........

If the conference remained, yes. If it disbanded, no.

AustinCyclone

Nov 17, 2006
Austin, TX
Why is this so hard for everyone to wrap their minds around???

We just gave up a $2 million ONE TIME payment to make an extra $10 million ANNUALLY!!!

That's called good business people.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

We just gave up a $2 million ONE TIME payment to make an extra $10 million ANNUALLY!!!

A $2 million ONE TIME payment that, according to Texas (if they can be believed), wasn't necessary... :wideeyed:

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive

Possibly $14 - $17 million/years vs. the what $7MM or $9MM. This will not be effective for a few years. Texas may bolt before then along with other schools. I do not think this is good, the whole thing stinks.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
That's because the conference has to wait until current contracts are up before reaching new agreements. It wasn't gonna happen right away anyway

And you don't think that 5 years isn't long enough for Texas to bolt? If I'm going to take Texas at their word, I want deals like this done YESTERDAY, not in 5 years. That's just asking for trouble.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Possibly $14 - $17 million/years vs. the what $7MM or $9MM. This will not be effective for a few years. Texas may bolt before then along with other schools. I do not think this is good, the whole thing stinks.

Where will Texas bolt? The SEC, Big Ten, and the Pac 12 all have revenue sharing. All three of those conferences will also all have Conference TV networks.

Texas is staying for the unequal revenue sharing and the ability to have their own network. Plus there is no more Conference Championship game. Which they didn't like.

Texas got rid of Nebraska, which they hated. And got all the goodies. But they have to have a conference so they let the rest of the havenots have some crumbs.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
That's because the conference has to wait until current contracts are up before reaching new agreements. It wasn't gonna happen right away anyway
We are stuck in our vurrent TV contract until 2015 at a PAC Ten level. Nebby should pay an exit fee to somebody for sure.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Where will Texas bolt? The SEC, Big Ten, and the Pac 12 all have revenue sharing. All three of those conferences will also all have Conference TV networks.

Texas is staying for the unequal revenue sharing and the ability to have their own network. Plus there is no more Conference Championship game. Which they didn't like.

Texas got rid of Nebraska, which they hated. And got all the goodies. But they have to have a conference so they let the rest of the havenots have some crumbs.

Notre Dame doesn't have a conference and they get plenty of preferrential treatment. Texas could go independent if they really wanted to.

And maybe this is new, but DOES the Pac-10 have equal revenue-sharing? I thought the thing that held that deal up was that they wouldn't let Texas have their own network? And that may change, because Colorado is hardly a splash. It's just a mouth to feed.

bradnjen

Apr 27, 2010
SE Iowa
Notre Dame doesn't have a conference and they get plenty of preferrential treatment. Texas could go independent if they really wanted to.

And maybe this is new, but DOES the Pac-10 have equal revenue-sharing? I thought the thing that held that deal up was that they wouldn't let Texas have their own network? And that may change, because Colorado is hardly a splash. It's just a mouth to feed.

I do not understand what Colorado adds to anything.