Wide Receiver Hype

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
I'm more concerned with our defense. Missed tackles like crazy and very little pressure on Stanley. It's gonna be a long year for the D.

Yeah, but that was somewhat expected. Our receivers were supposed to be "loaded", to quote many members of the media including everybody who posts on this site. Show it for once. Been the same story for 5 years now.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I'm more concerned with our defense. Missed tackles like crazy and very little pressure on Stanley. It's gonna be a long year for the D.

Delusional...we held Iowa to under 4 YPC on 41 attempts!!! This Dline is far improved over last season..pick your poison..Stanley was on fire..We didnt blitz as much as I'd have thought at times...

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Some missed opportunities, but we still put up 41 on a damn good defense. I think this receiving corps is as good as advertised. Park was just off early and a couple unfortunate drops late.

Yeah, I hear ya. But we had 3-4 drops in the first half that were huge, and Butlers drop in OT was obviously huge. Just frustrated after years of hyping up the passing game.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Iowa has a top 20 defense....Period. And arguably a top 10-15 front 7. We averaged 4.6 ypc and put up 38 pts in regulation...And in reality could have been more. But TO's happen and we had the worst TO possible at the worst time...That pick doesnt happen and im convinced we go on to win that game..

This team is light years ahead of last year at this point..Light years..

Yea it sucks to lose and to Iowa..again...but CMC has this program headed in right direction folks..This team can get to a bowl game..This was not an absolute must win.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Some missed opportunities, but we still put up 41 on a damn good defense. I think this receiving corps is as good as advertised. Park was just off early and a couple unfortunate drops late.

This.

Get this Oline geared up for running the ball and the receivers will be fine. That drop by Butler hurt but he was a huge reason the game was what it was.

The TE's still aren't being utilized but I think that's coming too, along with finding out how to get the ball to Jones.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Honestly I think if this were any other P5 team who averaged around 8 wins a season we'd still be drinking the year 2 improvement koolaid today.

Our offense played much better today than they did against FCS UNI last week and better than they did pretty much all year last year especially against Iowa where our offense had one of its worst games ever.

It was a close game. Somebody was going to lose without a lot of excuses. As someone pointed out I guess we can't point out any key breaks or it's "the ref card". But overall it was just always going to be close with the one possible exception when Iowa went up 11, when we answered that I knew this thing was coming down to final possession. They didn't turn it over and they got a huge break to extend their last drive. Outplayed us in OT. Ball game.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Iowa State just doesn't have the kind of margin of error that allows for multiple dropped passes. It's been like this for a number of years. Just have to hope they can clean it up. There's not much else to do.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS and Acylum

Help Support Us

Become a patron