Wigginton Needs to Stay Here

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
Wigginton has the ability to dominate games. He needs to work on his jump shot to be more consistent. He can slash to the basket better than 99% of all college players, but he doesn't make the opposition pay when they sag to stop his penetration. Wigginton should be a dominant jump shooter something like Stephon Curry. I'm not saying Wigginton is as good as Curry, but
Wigginton's abilities can be nearly as dominant at this level. Wigginton needed to just take over the game against OSU, but wasn't able to because his jump shot wasn't as consistent as it needed to be. Just my two cents. If I were a NBA scout, I wouldn't recommend Wigginton as a high round pick right now.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Couldn't you do the same thing playing overseas? I can't imagine one more year in college is going to improve his draft stock a whole lot. I'd rather make $$ than go to class.

This. I’m amazed how many people think the nba is the only way to make money playing basketball.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
For every Curry, there is 100 guys with equal ability and not nearly the mindset/game intelligence

Reactions: Doc

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
This. I’m amazed how many people think the nba is the only way to make money playing basketball.
Agree. And going to class ******* sucked when I actually wanted a degree, let alone if you are there on a basketball scholarship. Unless he grows 5 inches in the offseason he will still be an undersized 2 guard come next years draft.

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
Couldn't you do the same thing playing overseas? I can't imagine one more year in college is going to improve his draft stock a whole lot. I'd rather make $$ than go to class.
True that. Even so, how many NBA players do know started their careers in overseas, and became starts in the NBA. It think Wigginton can be a star in the next level.

• Optimistic
Reactions: deadeyededric

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
He needs to work on his handle and his D. Not his jump shot.
His ball control problems show up when he really tries to force things inside. I think at those times, he's not confident in his jumper, and chooses to drive to the basket despite the numbers against him opening him up to turn overs. If his jumper is on, he makes the opposition pay when they sag inside. His D over the season did improve, but I agree it still needs work. That said, hard to play solid defense chasing opposing players after a turn over.

• Winner
Reactions: casey1973