Will ISU make a Bowl Game? YES! Which One? LIBERTY BOWL 12/29

Will ISU make a Bowl Game (Final Record)?

• No (3-9)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (4-8)

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No (5-7)

Votes: 127 30.8%
  • Yes (5-7)

Votes: 31 7.5%
  • Yes (6-6)

Votes: 189 45.9%
  • Yes (7-5)

Votes: 43 10.4%
  • Yes (8-4)

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Yes (9-3)

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I don’t see how an undefeated FSU power 5 historical blue blood is left out of the playoff. I said this before, but the real question is will an SEC team be left out of the playoffs? I’m leaning towards no.

I think Michigan, FSU, and Washington are in. Followed by Bama. Justification will be that Bama beat a higher ranked team than Texas yesterday.
Michigan, Washington, and Texas are pretty well locked up IMO. It’s a question of FSU or Bama. It should be FSU except they aren’t near deserving in their current state. If I had to predict it will be Bama.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneNorth

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I disagree. Liberty is currently ranked beat 6 bowl teams and is undefeated. SMU is unranked beat 3 bowl teams and lost to a 7 loss TCU team by 3 scores.
Liberty played the last ranked schedule in the country (133 out of 133) and doesn't have a win anywhere near SMUs Tulane win. SMU isn't getting penalized for losing two road games to Big 12 teams.

Reactions: Acylum

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
I think the top 3 are easy IMO...

1. Washington (they've looked like the best team to me all season)
2. Michigan (did not look like the best team in the country last night, so you drop to #2)
3. Texas (conference champion and beat Bama)

#4 is really tough for me. I think Bama would destroy FSU on the field right now, so I think they are the better team, but I don't know that you should really go down the road of punishing teams for injuries (even though it does say that they can do that). Every team has injuries at this time of the year... lots of them actually. So which injuries matter? Texas doesn't have their best RB, Michigan doesn't have their center, is Worthy going to be out for Texas, etc, etc.

I think the committee will go with the following...

1. Michigan (they have no chance of winning it all though IMO)
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
I agree with your analogy. But think of how you'd feel if you were Oregon after Washington wins it all (Penix is special and two of their WR are #1 draft choices)---only 2 losses by 3 pts. each time to WA and played WA to the wire each time!! I'm thinking that Oregon would beat Michigan and Bama, maybe also Texas.

But, take a minute to ponder that we're talking about TX being one of the top 4 teams and we were playing them very tough just a few days ago with a team loaded with FR & SO. Had we not missed the one FG, we were just 7 points away from taking them to OT. IF CMC and staff are able to find a few key portal guys, finish up recruiting strong, our staff continues to coach up the guys we have---AND we keep the NIL wolves from swaying the minds of our top players, I really like the future of our team. CMC and staff might become the #1 sales staffs in the nation if they can achieve that!!

Reactions: CascadeClone

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
TCU made it last year after losing to KState in the Big12 Championship. I could see Georgia and Alabama both making it just as easily as neither making it. You never know what the biased committee will do with their opinion of “best four schools” .

Should be Michigan, Washington, Texas, and FSU. I’d be pleasantly surprised if they don’t find a way to get an SEC school in there. Maybe they put an SEC school over future SEC school Texas even. I could also see FSU not passing the “eye test” to keep an SEC school in over them.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosman

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I think Heather Dinich of ESPN has the correct prediction for final rankings

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. Georgia
6. Florida State

I’m not saying it’s the right thing to do or select,but I think this is what the committee will decide
I think they will pick
UM
UW
FSU
UT

They wont leave out an undefeated conference champ. They just wont.

I wouldn't be shocked if they took bama instead of texas, and justified it by saying 'better win vs georgia' and 'playing better at end of season' despite should have lost to auburn.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I think they will pick
UM
UW
FSU
UT

They wont leave out an undefeated conference champ. They just wont.

I wouldn't be shocked if they took bama instead of texas, and justified it by saying 'better win vs georgia' and 'playing better at end of season' despite should have lost to auburn.
They won’t but OMG the tears from Texas fans getting passed over by Bama would be so ******* hilarious. Welcome to your new conference where you aren’t the ones running the show *******.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If both Texas and OU make NY6 and we still don’t get picked until Liberty, I will be surprised - especially if WVU is selected for Texas Bowl.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
TCU made it last year after losing to KState in the Big12 Championship. I could see Georgia and Alabama both making it just as easily as neither making it. You never know what the biased committee will do with their opinion of “best four schools” .

Should be Michigan, Washington, Texas, and FSU. I’d be pleasantly surprised if they don’t find a way to get an SEC school in there. Maybe they put an SEC school over future SEC school Texas even. I could also see FSU not passing the “eye test” to keep an SEC school in over them.
TCU got a bit lucky in that 3 of the p5 champs had 2 or 3 losses. For all the kvetching about h2h, quality wins, 18th data points, et al... they really do put a lot of weight on flat out wins. Nobody w 2 losses has ever got in.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Michigan, Washington, and Texas are pretty well locked up IMO. It’s a question of FSU or Bama. It should be FSU except they aren’t near deserving in their current state. If I had to predict it will be Bama.

If Bama gets selected, let this be a lesson for schools going forward. Never disclose injury information. Just say that Travis was week to week. Don’t worry about what people saw on TV, the official statement from the university is that he’ll be ready for the CFP.

Reactions: MeanDean

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
I know I’ve been saying it’s still a slim chance but it keeps getting closer.

Texas CFP
OU NY6

So the slimmest of slimmest chances Cyclones in Alamo Bowl.

Ha ha.

Ok

I’m hungover.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I know I’ve been saying it’s still a slim chance but it keeps getting closer.

Texas CFP
OU NY6

So the slimmest of slimmest chances Cyclones in Alamo Bowl.

Ha ha.

Ok

I’m hungover.
one more win (thinking KU) and this probably would have been doable. Darn

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I just saw a promotion from the liberty bowl. Kansas and Arkansas were the team experience packages they were promoting. Can't argue with those two selections.
That's been there for weeks. It is a third party vendor, it means nothing.

Reactions: CyDude16

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Where are the bowl predictor dudes that we trust putting us this morning?

Reactions: LindenCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron