Will ISU make a Bowl Game? YES! Which One? LIBERTY BOWL 12/29

Will ISU make a Bowl Game (Final Record)?

• No (3-9)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (4-8)

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No (5-7)

Votes: 127 30.8%
  • Yes (5-7)

Votes: 31 7.5%
  • Yes (6-6)

Votes: 189 45.9%
  • Yes (7-5)

Votes: 43 10.4%
  • Yes (8-4)

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Yes (9-3)

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I'm fine with Liberty, I just really wanted an SEC opponent.....Auburn, Texas A&M, and Kentucky are all 6-6 to 7-5 teams....not really sure why we couldn't get any of those teams
Because the SEC has so many bowls that those teams are in higher tier bowls and they do not have enough team to fill the Liberty.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Because the SEC is going to have 3-4 teams in the NY6, and Liberty is low in the pecking order for them.
It's also because this juggernaut of a league with the greatest programs of all time can't fill their bowl slots despite only playing 8 conference games and a tomato can in November. Yet they still can't get enough teams to 6 wins. But the SEC is just sooooooooooo good.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
It's also because this juggernaut of a league with the greatest programs of all time can't fill their bowl slots despite only playing 8 conference games and a tomato can in November. Yet they still can't get enough teams to 6 wins. But the SEC is just sooooooooooo good.
They have 9/14 going...

cyworship

Jan 10, 2009
Omaha, NE
So are we pretty much thinking it's us vs Memphis in Liberty.........again?
The talking heads on ESPN are saying rest of NY6 will be announced after 1:30 central. So few minutes away from that. Then rest of bowls will fall into place after that this afternoon.

We need OU to jump Ole Miss to #11 spot so they make the NY6. If OU makes NY6 seems logical that we could move up from Memphis to something better like Houston or even higher???

Reactions: cwarning

TDclones

Nov 29, 2006
A bowl game is great BUT I’m not excited to go back to Memphis and play Memphis again! Was hoping for something in Texas or Arizona!

Reactions: chuckd4735

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Oh no, will the ncaa call or write you as to why you don’t care about college football? Lmao
Personally don't give a **** if they call me. I was wondering where all the negative reactions from you were coming from. Are you still pissed I would still have anything negative to say about Campbell? He is still a condescending jerk that does a piss poor job representing the university. Get some self respect.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Personally don't give a **** if they call me. I was wondering where all the negative reactions from you were coming from. Are you still pissed I would still have anything negative to say about Campbell? He is still a condescending jerk that does a piss poor job representing the university. Get some self respect.

Nah, everyone found you posts regarding the athletic department and Campbell completely asinine. You didn’t provide a single piece of evidence that he doesn’t respect the fans, university, and traditions. You ran away like a little coward.

He’s a very good representative for the university. Did he kick your dog? Do you hate the black uniforms? Did he piss on the campanile?You sound like an imbecile.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Nah, everyone found you posts regarding the athletic department and Campbell completely asinine. You didn’t provide a single piece of evidence that he doesn’t respect the fans, university, and traditions. You ran away like a little coward.

He’s a very good representative for the university. Did he kick your dog? Do you hate the black uniforms? Did he piss on the campanile?You sound like an imbecile.
1701632319997.png

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
They have 9/14 going...
Still didn't get enough to fill the Liberty Bowl spot several times the last ten years. With four non-con games against mostly garbage that means you need to win two league games. The whole damn conference, if it's so good, should be qualifying.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Still didn't get enough to fill the Liberty Bowl spot several times the last ten years. With four non-con games against mostly garbage that means you need to win two league games. The whole damn conference, if it's so good, should be qualifying.
Yup. Teams that go 2-6 in conference shouldn’t make bowl games.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Wait against with the inconsistency. OU has a win over the #3 team in the country and the same record as Ole Miss, who beat nobody this year aside from LSU. They got punked against the elite teams (Georgia and Bama) whole OU actually beat an elite team in Texas. OU should be ahead of them and in the NY6.

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
I like to **** on the SEC too but they had two in the playoff and 3 in the NY6. Hard to fill your regular bowl slots that way.