Will ISU make a Bowl Game? YES! Which One? LIBERTY BOWL 12/29

Will ISU make a Bowl Game (Final Record)?

• No (3-9)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (4-8)

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No (5-7)

Votes: 127 30.8%
  • Yes (5-7)

Votes: 31 7.5%
  • Yes (6-6)

Votes: 189 45.9%
  • Yes (7-5)

Votes: 43 10.4%
  • Yes (8-4)

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Yes (9-3)

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He was bemoaning about how awful Campbell was, then when he was completely off the mark about the season, moves the goal posts now that the team is 7-5, and going bowling once again.

that was some fun times! I had forgotten about the mid-season ******** about Campbell's character. Not his coaching. But that it was a really awful person. I'd love to know the deal there because I have a hard time believing it.

Reactions: CyDude16

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
OSU is dropping to Texas Bowl. Looks like K-State to Pop Tarts. We drop below two teams we beat in selection order but I suspect we pushed for Memphis ourselves.
We definitely didn't drop below OSU since they finished ahead of us in the standings. The bowls don't go by standings anyway.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Been to Memphis in 2012 & 2017. Happy to go again, I wondered if this team would even make a bowl game 2-3 months ago.

Is it sexy playing Memphis on their homefield again? Nope. But don't kid yourself plenty of ISU fans will be there. You either support the team or you don't. I'd go to Boise or Shreveport to watch them. This team deserves our support. Roll Clones!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Bowl selection needs changed IMO. After playoffs and NY6 are figured out, then individual bowls get to pick their teams based on payout. Really stupid IMO that fans of schools only have a chance to go to so few sites.

I’m hoping that the bowls will get shuffled again next year with the PAC disbanding and the CFP expanding. It’d be nice if they could just eliminate the conference affiliation all together, but that won’t ever happen.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Someone has to try to raise the standard around here. The "woe is us, ISU historically sucks" narrative is nauseating.

Being a dickhole isn't going to do anything towards raising the standard.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Don’t mind the Liberty Bowl. Just hate playing Memphis again.
Do other teams ever have to face a hometown team in their post-season reward game? Because this is the third time it's happened to ISU and it really tempers the enthusiasm for the whole thing.

Reactions: SDClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Hopefully we don't show up so this stupid ass bowl stops wanting us

I hope people who regularly travel to bowls don't decide to not go solely because of this, but I think there will be some "been there, done that" people that will forgo the trip. It'll still be a good turnout, but not the same enthusiasm as 2017.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Bowl selection needs changed IMO. After playoffs and NY6 are figured out, then individual bowls get to pick their teams based on payout. Really stupid IMO that fans of schools only have a chance to go to so few sites.

I've been advocating for a bowl draft for a long time.

It's another one of those collective action problems that won't be resolved properly until college football is brought under a single umbrella.

cyworship

Jan 10, 2009
Omaha, NE
Never understood the Armed Forces / First Responder bowl pick rotation and hoped this year might demonstrate how it worked. Figured it was First Responder year. But would appear neither picked WVU???