Will Rahshon be in the Dunk Contest

Hartcy

Aug 12, 2006
Des Moines
During Final Four week they do the 3 point challenge and dunk contest, he has to get a shot if he's healthy right.

I still think his dunk during the game at Minnesota is my all time favorite.

I would love for someone to put together about 20 of his dunks on youtube.

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
That would be sweet. Maybe one of our guys can get in the 3 point contest too? Kidding of course, unless the fans want to see airballs and bricks

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
That would be sweet. Maybe one of our guys can get in the 3 point contest too? Kidding of course, unless the fans want to see airballs and bricks
Don't forget, Brock Jacobsen can shoot lights out if he gets time to set himself.:wink:

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Don't forget, Brock Jacobsen can shoot lights out if he gets time to set himself.:wink:

Why diss players that pour their heart out and don't see the floor... Why diss players that try their best but come up short...

That is one thing I have yet to understand out here.....

And maybe I shouldn't.:eek:

-keep.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
In all seriousness, Brock J, can shoot lights out, but he has a slow release. I didn't intend it as a dis, but I really do think he could do alright in those competitions. Sorry if I went a little overboard.

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
During Final Four week they do the 3 point challenge and dunk contest, he has to get a shot if he's healthy right.

I am pretty sure that Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - Iowa State Cyclones Sports has it. go to multimedia, then free videos. Rashon Clarks top 10 dunks. They did a pretty good job!

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I hope that he gets in... Although Im not sure he is creative enough to get in. Hopefullly he could just wow people by jumping out of the gym

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX

That would ge great. I was hoping to see one more MONSTER dunk last night. He will be missed.

:sad:

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
I hope that he gets in... Although Im not sure he is creative enough to get in. Hopefullly he could just wow people by jumping out of the gym
Rahshon throws down some pretty crazy dunks during practice, as witnessed in the all access video, so I think he's good enough to go to it.

Hartcy

Aug 12, 2006
Des Moines
The NCAA holds a 3 point and dunk contest during Final Four week he's got to get a shot right?

Top 5 Dunks from Rahshon
1. at Minnesota - I kept that game on Tivo just to watch that dunk for about a year
2. Virginia-top play of the day
3. Against UNI at home
4. Oklahoma- giant put back dunk
5. Tournament against Minnesota

Also I would love for someone to put together a group of about 10 dunks of his on youtube.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Also I would love for someone to put together a group of about 10 dunks of his on youtube.

You mean something along [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=DZcDcBRP-b0] these[/ame] lines?:wink: Cyclones.com compiled this video right before senior night so you can watch it there as well.

As for Rahshon being in the dunk contest, I would doubt it. I would imagine it will go to a few more prominent players.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
There have been some players from the "mid-majors" in that event recently. I don't see why Rahshon wouldn't be in there if a guy from a school like Northern Arizona can make it.

I really don't know how players are selected for that thing anyways. I would have thought that Jake Sullivan would have been a shoo-in for the 3 point contest when he was a senior, but he wasn't in there.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Wasn't lyndsey medders in the 3 point shooting contest last year?
Or, was that a different competition?

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
There have been some players from the "mid-majors" in that event recently. I don't see why Rahshon wouldn't be in there if a guy from a school like Northern Arizona can make it.

I really don't know how players are selected for that thing anyways. I would have thought that Jake Sullivan would have been a shoo-in for the 3 point contest when he was a senior, but he wasn't in there.

I remember being surprised that Jake wasn't in the 3-pt contest, but didn't he have knee surgery or something right after the season?

Also, Rahshon's dunk during the Virginia game was a spectacular play, but the assists by Stinson and Blalock were what really made the play, the dunk was a pretty normal dunk. If anything, Rahshon should've been a few feet further from the basket when he caught the ball, that would've been an awesome dunk! My favorite dunk was the Texas game this year, he was so far from the basket I thought there was no way he was going to throw it down, but he superman'd it!

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
I remember being surprised that Jake wasn't in the 3-pt contest, but didn't he have knee surgery or something right after the season?

Also, Rahshon's dunk during the Virginia game was a spectacular play, but the assists by Stinson and Blalock were what really made the play, the dunk was a pretty normal dunk. If anything, Rahshon should've been a few feet further from the basket when he caught the ball, that would've been an awesome dunk! My favorite dunk was the Texas game this year, he was so far from the basket I thought there was no way he was going to throw it down, but he superman'd it!

I agree that the Stinson and Blalock passes were spectacular but it is also amzing that Rahshon blocked a shot (to Stinson) then raced down court to finish with the dunk. Amazing play if not dunk.