Will Watson

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
I drove up to Tampa last night and watched the first half of Will Watson's debut as a senior for the Thomas Jefferson High School Dragons. This new ISU commit is really, really fast. He had 196 return yds for 2 TD's. Opening kickoff - 80 yds, He grabbed the first punt of the game and took it 60 yds for 6. He played a good game as CB. He plays up tight and they can't shake him due to his remarkable speed. Couple of break-ups to add to his line. He should make a fine addition to the Cyclone squad next fall.

Reactions: PGreen ISU '92

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Were you stuck on the TAM thread?

No I wasn't, I just don't see it reported on Cyclonereport yet and I did not see a thread regarding a new commit. I guess I am a little out of the loop.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Paul Clark's take is that he is just using ISU as a place holder and is still talking to all comers so he is about as soft as a commit can be. That's why he's not listed on his page.

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
Paul Clark's take is that he is just using ISU as a place holder and is still talking to all comers so he is about as soft as a commit can be. That's why he's not listed on his page.
The only update Paul Clark has had is that he wasn't sure if Watson had committed to Paul Rhoads yet. That was right when his commitment was breaking on twitter. He said he was working on the story with Chris Nee. No update yet.

EddieHometeam Eduardo A. Encina
by RivalsCNee
Jefferson CB Will Watson, a #Cyclones commit, ran opening KO for 85-yd TD & had 45-yd PR TD in 46-21 win over #TBT. #TampaBay #HSFB #IowaSt

Chris Nee retweeted this last night. Seems pretty legit, would he retweet this if it wasn't true? Soft commits are always on the commitment lists. Have you ever paid attention to SEC recruiting, players commit and say they are going on other visits all the time, yet they are included on the lists. It would be stupid to not include him on the commitment list.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
The only update Paul Clark has had is that he wasn't sure if Watson had committed to Paul Rhoads yet. That was right when his commitment was breaking on twitter. He said he was working on the story with Chris Nee. No update yet.

by RivalsCNee
Jefferson CB Will Watson, a #Cyclones commit, ran opening KO for 85-yd TD & had 45-yd PR TD in 46-21 win over #TBT. #TampaBay #HSFB #IowaSt

Chris Nee retweeted this last night. Seems pretty legit, would he retweet this if it wasn't true? Soft commits are always on the commitment lists. Have you ever paid attention to SEC recruiting, players commit and say they are going on other visits all the time, yet they are included on the lists. It would be stupid to not include him on the commitment list.

Do you have a rivals subscription? Bc I'm pretty sure this was something that was discussed on the Confidential Message board. The poster is referring to something Clark said on the message board I believe.

ljhlax

Dec 14, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI

by RivalsCNee

Well, it is Rivals.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Do you have a rivals subscription? Bc I'm pretty sure this was something that was discussed on the Confidential Message board. The poster is referring to something Clark said on the message board I believe.

My question is has Clark actually talked to Watson? OR is he just making this stuff up? Clark seems to be so far behind sometimes, and I think that might be the case here. You list soft verbals as well. The staff will simply continue to recruit.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Chris has talked to Watson right? Paul hasn't. That right there is the difference

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I would be a little torqued if I was a member of Cyclonereport. Here is a guy in Paul Clark who appears to be less and less connected to the program. He isn't the first to break a recruitment, so he decides to not report or do any fact finding on the guy. And he expects you to pay for this glorious insight? I remember he had Brackens as a very soft verbal all last year, saying he would jump ship at any opportunity. Yet here he is in a cyclone uniform.

Reactions: ljhlax

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I would be a little torqued if I was a member of Cyclonereport. Here is a guy in Paul Clark who appears to be less and less connected to the program. He isn't the first to break a recruitment, so he decides to not report or do any fact finding on the guy. And he expects you to pay for this glorious insight? I remember he had Brackens as a very soft verbal all last year, saying he would jump ship at any opportunity. Yet here he is in a cyclone uniform.

I don't recall him ever saying anything like that. He kept him as a soft commit because he was yet to visit campus. He never stated "he would jump ship at any opportunity".

Not that it really even matter whether someone is listed as a commit or soft commit anyway, either one can keep or break their commitment until signing day.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Interesting that Rivals doesn't have him as a commit.
Rivals is often late -- uses the excuse that they must have a solid verified source such as the kid or the kids coach before listing .......... it's brilliant marketing because it is nearly impossible to dispute.................. don't worry it will be up soon. My list of ISU commits is 5 higher than Rivals.

denmyster

Apr 24, 2009
Rivals is often late -- uses the excuse that they must have a solid verified source such as the kid or the kids coach before listing .......... it's brilliant marketing because it is nearly impossible to dispute.................. don't worry it will be up soon. My list of ISU commits is 5 higher than Rivals.

Who else do you have?

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
cyclone report isalways two days behind cyclone fanatic and one day behind the scout site.