Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I was so confused and excited by Brock Purdy’s future with mbb.

Reactions: Yaz

every_yard

Aug 25, 2006
@ChrisMWilliams and @brentblum, ‘m the same way, but I think we’re all extra sensitive about the Purdy debate. If you look and listen to all the NFL experts, there’s actually more out there defending and praising Purdy than putting him down. There might be some that compare him to Dilfer it the Niners win the Super Bowl, but that will be the minority. Purdy was being talked about as an MVP Candidate through the end of the regular season - that doesn’t happen if everyone thinks he’s a system quarterback.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
@ChrisMWilliams and @brentblum, ‘m the same way, but I think we’re all extra sensitive about the Purdy debate. If you look and listen to all the NFL experts, there’s actually more out there defending and praising Purdy than putting him down. There might be some that compare him to Dilfer it the Niners win the Super Bowl, but that will be the minority. Purdy was being talked about as an MVP Candidate through the end of the regular season - that doesn’t happen if everyone thinks he’s a system quarterback.

I agree that we are extra sensitive to it. But I do think he gets more crap from the media than another quarterback would with the same stats. Hell you kind of make the argument---he was a legit MVP candidate and 5 days ago someone said there were 7 great QBs left and Brock Purdy.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I agree that we are extra sensitive to it. But I do think he gets more crap from the media than another quarterback would with the same stats. Hell you kind of make the argument---he was a legit MVP candidate and 5 days ago someone said there were 7 great QBs left and Brock Purdy.

No one talks about Tua or Jordan Love like they do Brock. It’s like there is some kind of double standard for him.

Look at Tua…he has Hill, Waddle, Mosert , and Achane and couldn’t win a playoff game. Jordan Love throws 2 picks and one really bad one to end the game.

Brock didn’t have a great game but he came through when needed. But that 4 INT Christmas game lingers in a lot of people’s memory. Make and/or win the Super Bowl and let that do the talking.

Reactions: MugNight

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Tua gets plenty of heat, so does Lamar and even Josh Allen. Hell, Peyton Manning got ripped part for years until he won a SB. I do think Brock gets scrutinized differently. The mentioned qbs at least get credit for having a good game while Brock somehow garners criticism every game he plays.

Honestly, if he doesn’t get mentioned as a mid season MVP candidate, I think people wouldn’t have such strong opinions of him. Fair or unfair. If he keeps winning this year and in future seasons all talk will slowly fade away and they will move on to their next whipping boy.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Amy Trask. She thought JaMarcus Russell was worth the overall #1 pick. And signed him to a $61 million contract. Biggest Bust in NFL history. Her opinion is worthless. Idiot.

Reactions: gocy444

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron