Misc: Wimbledon 2019

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Djok is 32... Oh I see your point. I think Novak window will be closing shortly. Don't know if he catches Roger
I don’t see why would his window close shortly. He said today himself that he is trying to make history and he is inspired by Federer playing this well at almost 38. And beside his elbow issues that have been resolved, he hasn’t had any serious health problems. He could easily go on for 4-5 more years and that’s 16-20 more grand slam opportunities. Him and Nadal only need few more to pass him.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don’t see why would his window close shortly. He said today himself that he is trying to make history and he is inspired by Federer playing this well at almost 38. And beside his elbow issues that have been resolved, he hasn’t had any serious health problems. He could easily go on for 4-5 more years and that’s 16-20 more grand slam opportunities. Him and Nadal only need few more to pass him.
I just fully expect some up an comer to disrupt their dominance at some point, the same way they are doing with Federer.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
I just fully expect some up an comer to disrupt their dominance at some point, the same way they are doing with Federer.
Yeah I agree that can definitely happen at any time but so far the young players have been pretty disappointing in seriously challenging the top 3.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Yeah I agree that can definitely happen at any time but so far the young players have been pretty disappointing in seriously challenging the top 3.
I think there's two Canadian kids who are supposed to be studs soon

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Didn’t Sampras retire at 31? I thought his body was falling apart. Otherwise he could’ve been the current leader in grand slam titles.
Ya he had softer competition too outside of Agassi when Agassi actually wanted to play tennis

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
I think there's two Canadian kids who are supposed to be studs soon
Eventually someone new will take over but it would mean more if they would take over while the top 3 are at the peak of their game. If the young players take over just because The top 3 retire, then it’s like it was handed to them, like they didn’t earn it by beating the best.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Didn’t Sampras retire at 31? I thought his body was falling apart. Otherwise he could’ve been the current leader in grand slam titles.
Don’t bring Pete into this. He could only consistently win on grass. Big first serve then charge the net. Djokovic, Federer, Nadal, and Murray are all far better than Pete was . He was a product of a weak era.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Don’t bring Pete into this. He could only consistently win on grass. Big first serve then charge the net. Djokovic, Federer, Nadal, and Murray are all far better than Pete was . He was a product of a weak era.
I don’t disagree with you... top 3 are on a separate level, then there are few empty levels, and then other guys. Talent wise you could put Murray there, but looking at the accomplishments, he is not even close. So for me, he doesn’t belong there.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Epic match yesterday. So disappointing for Fed when he was serving with 2-match points!

Regarding the window closing for Djok (age -what 32 / 33), or Nadal (same - like 32/33 y/o), it seems like in the Sampras era the 30-yo barrier was considered the end. Not many players from that time survived past age 30, but now the top 3-4 players in world are over 30.
N Djok is probably one of the best conditioned athletes - everything from his conditioning and preparation is science-like; his commitment to diet alone is incredible.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm and legi

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron