Lakers vs Celtics
Packers vs Bears
Ali vs Frazier
Borg vs McEnroe

Fed is up 2-1 sets. Semifinal

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Tennis has changed for me since Andre left the sport. Everyone is just a tennis playing robot now on the men’s side. There used be such clashes of styles between guys like Andre, Pete, Becker, Lendl etc. now everyone is a bad ass all-arounder or a huge serve guy.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Tennis has changed for me since Andre left the sport. Everyone is just a tennis playing robot now on the men’s side. There used be such clashes of styles between guys like Andre, Pete, Becker, Lendl etc. now everyone is a bad ass all-arounder or a huge serve guy.

You have a good point about 'robots' and endless mechanical ground strokes.
There's the emergence of 6'-3"+ dudes who can bash serves at 130mph and just hang on the baseline. You don't see the net game of Pete and Becker; even RFed has changed his game.

PS: R Fed wins and faces Djokavic on Sun. I didn't realize Dj leads in the head-head series vs Fed by 25-22.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
You have a good point about 'robots' and endless mechanical ground strokes.
There's the emergence of 6'-3"+ dudes who can bash serves at 130mph and just hang on the baseline. You don't see the net game of Pete and Becker; even RFed has changed his game.

PS: R Fed wins and faces Djokavic on Sun. I didn't realize Dj leads in the head-head series vs Fed by 25-22.

Serena kind of changed the women’s game for the worse as well but I think that the women’s game is starting to get back to having those definitive styles again. I love all ball and paddle games though. I’m going to get back in to a tennis league, there’s a center right down the street from me.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Tough loss for Nadal. Fed - Joker final should be a good one.

Joker will probably win.

All three of these dudes are just unbelievable players.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Federer & Djokovic heading to a final 5th set NOW for the Title. On ESPN.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Djokovic owns Federer. He will surpass him in every category in the next couple years. Pretty much is only behind in GS titles.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Djok is a beast no doubt. Just saying that when half of those wins in the window of time you presented happen when Fed is in his mid-30s and a guy as talented as Djok is in his 20s, age is a factor.
I could also argue that Djokovic has had to go through Nadal or Federer in every major he has won. Federer got 8-9 majors when the competition was weaker. I think Djokovic ultimately passes Nadal and Feder in majors and becomes the best ever. He has a winning record head to head against both Nadal and Federer as well. And, he's good on every surface.

• Agree
Reactions: legi

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Djok is a beast no doubt. Just saying that when half of those wins in the window of time you presented happen when Fed is in his mid-30s and a guy as talented as Djok is in his 20s, age is a factor.
Djok is 32... Oh I see your point. I think Novak window will be closing shortly. Don't know if he catches Roger

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Age doesn’t appear to be a factor for Federer considering what he did today at almost 38. The age thing can only be factored in when talking about Federer beating up on very young Nadal and Novak while he was hitting prime.

Either way all 3 of them are the best to ever play and as a tennis fan I feel so lucky to be able to witness it.

I hope to see them live at the US Open this year.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Age doesn’t appear to be a factor for Federer considering what he did today at almost 38. The age thing can only be factored in when talking about Federer beating up on very young Nadal and Novak while he was hitting prime.

Either way all 3 of them are the best to ever play and as a tennis fan I feel so lucky to be able to witness it.

I hope to see them live at the US Open this year.
Never thought i'd see pete sampras fall out of the top 3, but i totally agree.