Winners in Transfer season? - ESPN Insider

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I think they accidentally made this public this morning b/c I read it and now its an insider article. haha

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
ESPN posted a new article (Insider Only), and had the Cyclones on the winners side of Transfer Season. I found this surprising, but perception of Transfer U, still must be there?

For those with ESPN Insider here is the article:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-college-basketball-very-busy-transfer-season

We missed on a few guys, but our transfer class was still great. Brase, Shayok, Jacobsen, and Talley were quiet gets, but they are all guys that can play in the B12. I'm not as confident in Beverly, but I'm wrong a lot.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I remember on selection Sunday not wanting to get TXSA. Excited for him to see if he can raise his game to the big 12 level.

I have a feeling we will appreciate Beverly a lot more as the season goes along. I envision a drop in our FG% this year, and we are going to need people to get rebounds that they have no business getting. He strikes me as a "will someone please box-out that guy already" guy.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
For all the CF hand wringing about the misses, the overall product of transfer season was very, very good to us.

Agree, and it's going to be the exact same way with 2018 recruiting. We'll miss on a few guys, clonedude will freak out, and then we'll end up stressing about whether all of our good freshmen will be able to find PT in 2018.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
I have a feeling we will appreciate Beverly a lot more as the season goes along. I envision a drop in our FG% this year, and we are going to need people to get rebounds that they have no business getting. He strikes me as a "will someone please box-out that guy already" guy.

A "glue" guy, max effort guy, that is what I hope we get out of Beverly. I think that was ironically the guy we were missing these last 2 years. We had some really good players, don't get me wrong. I just loved having hogue/ejim type guys, who do the dirty work.

Reactions: mfelske

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
A "glue" guy, max effort guy, that is what I hope we get out of Beverly. I think that was ironically the guy we were missing these last 2 years. We had some really good players, don't get me wrong. I just loved having hogue/ejim type guys, who do the dirty work.

Missing for what?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I remember on selection Sunday not wanting to get TXSA. Excited for him to see if he can raise his game to the big 12 level.

Not totally sure, but I think you're mistaken. TXSA was a bottom place team in Conference USA. Not a good team nor selection Sunday material.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I hope Beverly is like Hogue. I loved Dustin, worked his butt off and could jump through the roof.