Wisconsin Dual Discussion

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Looking ahead to Wisconsin and below are the ranked matchups:

125- Kysen (19th) vs Barnett (5th)
149- Ech or Casey (16th) vs Zargo (15th)
165- Carr (2nd) vs Hamiti (4th)
174- Gaitan (23rd) vs Maylor (27th)

Didn't see Braxton Amos in the rankings, wonder if he is taking an Olympic Redshirt? 165 will be the highlight match of the night, but Kysen has a great chance to climb the rankings if he can beat Barnett again. Good challenge for Gaitan as well. Overall, Wisconsin seems pretty down so it should be a comfortable win for the Clones and a good tune-up before Iowa.

• Informative
Reactions: BigD and GMackey32

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is there a cheat code or something to get a week of UFC fight pass for free? I'll be out of state Sunday.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
As a badger season ticket holder, I can tell you the clones are going to roll here

125 - Barnett is very good so this will be a great to see where Kysen is at and if he can repeat the upset of last year
133 - Nicolar Rivera or true freshman Zan Fuggitt, Rivera beat Fugitt at the Michigan State open and Evan beat Rivera 16-3 last year, should roll
141 - Felix Lettini is basically just a warm body, AE or Frost will dominate
149 - Joe Zargo is tough, 2x qualifier at 141 hoping to improve that output bumping up, Casey beat him 10-5 last year at 141
157 - Luke Mechler transferred from Ok State where he was never going to sniff the lineup, would be good to see Chittum roll here
165 - Dean Hamiti is a monster, but obviously David is just a level above. Wouldnt be shocked to see Hamiti be the best of the non-Carr/O’Toole group at this weight
174 - Max Maylor is a fringe ranked guy but hasn’t wrestled yet, so may be dinged up. Cale Anderson has been in the lineup and Gaitan should dominate
184 - Shane Liegel transferred up from Lorax where he was a 1x champ, but just got dominated by a couple average guys at Michigan State open and MFF’d his last match. Seems like a great spot for Feldkamp to come in and dominate and get his season rolling
197 - Braxton Amos is taking an Olympic redshirt and healing up a shoulder injury, they’ll either go Mikey Tal-shahar or true freshman Dylan Russo, Broderson should roll
285 - about four different possible options and all are bad after Hillger held the spot down the last 5 years. Bastida tech almost certainly

Should be an ass whipping.

Gantry

Jan 24, 2022
Didn't Wisconsin get a high level recruit HWT recruit a year or two back, want to say he was an IL kid?

JohnPrineforCy

Feb 1, 2019
A couple of good match ups here.

For anyone debating getting UFC Fight Pass that can’t attend… yes it’s our last dual on there, but I was very impressed with production quality of the Cleveland State dual.
I am fine with just paying the 9 dollar monthly subscription for the two duals. Production quality is also way better than anything flo has put on.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
I agree. I hope this is a money maker for the UFC because the production quality is so noticeably better. Dake was fantastic behind the mic. Do you think he makes the trip to Humboldt?
It’s not Dake iirc, but my old brain can’t remember who it is.

All I can think of now is it’s Gibby, Jordan Burroughs and Sean Kenny for the Iowa dual. Shane said he’s going to try to get ESPN to let him be the sideline reporter for it, but isn’t sure if they’ll let him. Lol

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
It’s not Dake iirc, but my old brain can’t remember who it is.

All I can think of now is it’s Gibby, Jordan Burroughs and Sean Kenny for the Iowa dual. Shane said he’s going to try to get ESPN to let him be the sideline reporter for it, but isn’t sure if they’ll let him. Lol
I know wrestling people care more about wrestling than anyone, but people are missing out if they don’t tune in. This is going to be electric

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron