Woman Killed By Train In Ames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alumgirl

Apr 30, 2010
I don't understand why we don't have more details on either of these cases (especially jon lacina). By now don't you think authorities could give us a few details on what they've found just to put student's and the general public's mind at ease?! At this point everybody is just speculating and starting rumors. I hope it's not all simply swept under the rug. People care and have a right to know.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I don't understand why we don't have more details on either of these cases (especially jon lacina). By now don't you think authorities could give us a few details on what they've found just to put student's and the general public's mind at ease?! At this point everybody is just speculating and starting rumors. I hope it's not all simply swept under the rug. People care and have a right to know.
At the spring game, a girl in a sorority told me that Lacina died because he was in a cult. She also told me that the old dairy barn is used as a lecture hall on a regular basis. Obviously he was murdered. I'm sure it's the same thing here.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
At the spring game, a girl in a sorority told me that Lacina died because he was in a cult. She also told me that the old dairy barn is used as a lecture hall on a regular basis. Obviously he was murdered. I'm sure it's the same thing here.

Obviously? How so?

Alumgirl

Apr 30, 2010
People don't necessarily have the right to know. If someone takes their own life, it's nobody's business outside the family.

Maybe so. But after all the searching, publicity, speculation, and worry, I think it'd be nice if somebody at least said...."No foul play was involved." (if that's the case)

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
Maybe so. But after all the searching, publicity, speculation, and worry, I think it'd be nice if somebody at least said...."No foul play was involved." (if that's the case)

In cases like those of these two students, people tend to treat the victim as more of a news story than a human life. It's perfectly understandable if the families want to keep the information (not that the autopsies results are necessarily even finished yet anyway) private - especially when a lot of the public feels no connection with the situation and just wants their news because they're nosy and potential murder stories are interesting. The only situation that I feel they should have some obligation to release is if there was a murder (for the public's safety) or to raise awareness about the bad things that could happen if you're drinking and alone.

By the way, did you create an account just to ask questions about deceased students? That seems kind of weird, but welcome to the site - we also have a lot of interesting stuff about athletics.

Last edited:

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
As azn4cy has said many times, people don't get it without the :jimlad:. Sad but true. I figured sorority girl would have been a easy tipoff for others but again many people don't get sarcasm.

Pretty sad that posters/viewers on this board can't sense sarcasm on their own without a stupid :jimlad: being added.

sarcasm-detector-thumb.jpg

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
As azn4cy has said many times, people don't get it without the :jimlad:. Sad but true. I figured sorority girl would have been a easy tipoff for others but again many people don't get sarcasm.

Hey! That's me!

Clearly we just need sarcasm mods here in addition to regular mods just to add :jimlad: to any sarcastic comment that doesn't already have it.

The sad thing is.. I'm not sure if I'm sarcastic about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron