Lamoni, IA
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 401

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Way to go Coach BF, his staff, his team, and all those supportive Cyclone fans! Do it again this year!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It is a pretty amazing attendance run especially when you look at the number of elite teams on that Top 10 list. No doubt that we are an elite fan base.

We Cyclone WBB fans are like a cult of bridesmaids who never quite make it to the conference title wedding as the bride. Time to end the 15 year drought and get us to the alter.
:smile:

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I went to about half the women's games last year and there was no where near 9000 people at any of those games. So I have two questions: 1) how are they coming up with this figure? 2) If it is based on tickets sold, then where are all these people, why aren't they coming to the games?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I went to about half the women's games last year and there was no where near 9000 people at any of those games. So I have two questions: 1) how are they coming up with this figure? 2) If it is based on tickets sold, then where are all these people, why aren't they coming to the games?

It is tickets sold. I don't pretend to have full knowledge of how they count it. But in order for students to purchase men's basketball tickets they have to also purchase women's basketball tickets. Junior Cyclone Club also includes women's basketball tickets (though they are general admission so not sure if those are counted unless they show up). That's a couple thousand people who are buying tickets but not going to the games.

Last edited:

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames

It's tickets sold, which includes student tickets bought as part of the all-sport pass, if it's the way it used to be. The numbers still look good on paper, but the actual attendance has been but a shadow of what it was in the early 2000s for quite some time now. It would be great if the actual numbers were much closer to the announced numbers so that when there are "13,000" people there for WBB, there are actually 13,000 people there. Hilton used to be rockin' every game for WBB and one year outdrew the men for average attendance over the course of the season (I think it was 2000-01). I believe that can happen again, but I'm not sure what it will take to get there. Maybe it's as simple as sustained success on the court and in the tournament(s)?

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
It's tickets sold, which includes student tickets bought as part of the all-sport pass, if it's the way it used to be. The numbers still look good on paper, but the actual attendance has been but a shadow of what it was in the early 2000s for quite some time now. It would be great if the actual numbers were much closer to the announced numbers so that when there are "13,000" people there for WBB, there are actually 13,000 people there. Hilton used to be rockin' every game for WBB and one year outdrew the men for average attendance over the course of the season (I think it was 2000-01). I believe that can happen again, but I'm not sure what it will take to get there. Maybe it's as simple as sustained success on the court and in the tournament(s)?

I'm a firm believer that it can happen again. We've been in a bit of a rut. But now, with recruiting appearing to be on the rebound, let's hope for on-the-court success followed by increased bodies in the seats.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron