Womens Basketball Media Day

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
Which day is media day? I heard it's Tuesday but i'm not for sure... I'm also excited to hear what Coach has to say about the team this year should be an exciting season!!!

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Video coverage has begun, 7 minutes until Fennelly begins.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Only 240 some minutes or 6 games of experience among the post players.

The freshmen need to step up.

Anna Prins 6'7", expect Poppins to play the 4 and the 5.

More worried about their (the new comers) transition to a student/athlete than whether they can play at this level.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Needs Aus to improve to 15 points/game up from 11, needs Bolte to all improve from 9 to 15 per game.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I see Prins when I walk back from class on Tuesday and Thursday, and she's 11 feet tall. I go about 6'2" and she TOWERS over me.

Additionally, Kelsey is more than capable to pick up her ppg. She just needs to learn to have some confidence in shooting because Ezell isn't there anymore to try and pick her up off the floor.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Shame on you mred. :no:

:jimlad:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
WW needs to score, 8 points/game. She needs to benefit from Aus and Bolte being covered and hit the open shots.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I missed the end of the press conference however Fennelly did say that Aus at the 1, Wiliams at the 2, Bolte at the 3. The 4 and the 5 still to be decided, though Genesis has the oppurtunity, she just needs to perform.

Also Chassidy Cole will back up Aus.

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
I keep fergetting that Aus and Zimmerman played a season at Ballard which is exciting... I'm glad he expects WW to score 8 ppg she showed skill at times last year seems like her and denae will each get a chance to start if WW can produce offense i see her getting the start , Bolte is going to have a big year i think especially him expecting her to average 15 ppg... Prins sounds like shes going to be pretty special, Cole is going to be back up PG so i expect to see 8-12 mpg from her, I heard him mention Schroll several times so im guessing she'll get in a few minutes a game... Prins, Poppens, Zimmerman and Lightbourne will all get plenty of minutes I see Prins and either Zim/Pop as our starting posts, Lightbourne will get her minutes but i just dont see her starting

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I think the most important thing to take out of it is that we have only 28 points/game returning, so a lot of points are going to have to come from somewhere. Everyone's numbers will go up.

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
Absolutely love Fennelly's honesty, candidness, and the annual glimpse into his coaching philosophy.

Sounds like the team had a good Summer teaching each other, which will pay off early in the season.

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
Not much has been said of Schroll, who could be the surprise of the frosh group. Coach Fen. said she was a "dynamic athlete" who can play "multiple positions." I hope that means she can score from anywhere, inside or out, and also hope she can stay healthy, as she had injury problems in high school.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not much has been said of Schroll, who could be the surprise of the frosh group. Coach Fen. said she was a "dynamic athlete" who can play "multiple positions." I hope that means she can score from anywhere, inside or out, and also hope she can stay healthy, as she had injury problems in high school.

I think you might be right. She was getting more press and hype before she got hurt her junior year. This team promises to be a lot of fun watching as they mature this year.

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
PG- Aus
SG- Williams
SF- Bolte
PF- Zimmerman/Poppens
C - Prins

-Stuckey will come right off the bench but WW has more offensive skills and can handle the ball pretty well so she deserves the starting spot
- Zimmerman and Poppens i'm assuming are pretty equally skilled so they will both get plenty of playing time at the 4 plus they will also get mintues at the 5 because Prins cant play 40 min/game
-Gen Lightbourne we all know will get to play but who knows how much? Im guessing she averages around 2.5 ppg and 3 rpg
-Schroll is a mystery lets hope for the best
-Cole is are back up PG so she'll pry see around 10 mpg
- Florzak i think can be our spot up 3 pt shooter she'll be excellent when we need 4 shooters on the floor able to knock a three down
- Mossman was injured and put her behind so im not sure what will happen with her playing

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
"Aus at the 1, Williams at the 2," Maybe its wrong stereotyping, but, I think of the 2 as a "shooting guard" and the pg doesn't have as much opportunity to score. The point can score, and Aus will, but, Williams didn't show the scoring ability last year which I expect of a 2. Aus at point is probably to hold down turnovers. I liked the 80 point games of years gone by, I don't expect to see that this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron