Womens game time???

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Oh, ha. I just thought I remembered it being only for NCAA people.

Maybe it is. I have no idea. I really like the Scheman option if they would do that.

My perfect world would be the men's game on the screen and watch the 1st game in Hilton but I know that won't happen.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
According to ESPN round 2 would be Saturday. Is that normal in the women's tournament? I assumed the normal 1 day of rest like the men's.

Friday/Saturday actually works better for me since I have an early work flight on Monday morning.

The "Friday/Saturday" does not mean games on both days. It means means "Friday or Saturday" and "Sunday/Monday" means "Sunday or Monday."

In other words, "Friday and Sunday" or "Saturday and Monday."

I can't recall there ever being games on consecutive days in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: BenEClone

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
The "Friday/Saturday" does not mean games on both days. It means means "Friday or Saturday" and "Sunday/Monday" means "Sunday or Monday."

In other words, "Friday and Sunday" or "Saturday and Monday."

I can't recall there ever being games on consecutive days in the NCAA tournament.
That isn’t what I was referring to. On the ESPN site if you click schedule for WBB and click Saturday March 19 it shows a game at Hilton TBD time and TBD opponents. It’s clearly a mistake but threw me off at first

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That isn’t what I was referring to. On the ESPN site if you click schedule for WBB and click Saturday March 19 it shows a game at Hilton TBD time and TBD opponents. It’s clearly a mistake but threw me off at first

I had a similar problem with Big 12 WBB tickets. The ticket website didn't have the right times for the sessions. Like you, it "threw me off at first." The other thing that messes with me is when a national resource doesn't identify the time zone that it is using for its times.

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
Just checked the ISU web site. Lower bowl is almost sold out. Under 100 tickets left at the west end. No way to know how many upper deck GA sold yet from the web site.
Should be an energized crowd, even at 9pm.

• Agree
Reactions: acoustimac

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Just checked the ISU web site. Lower bowl is almost sold out. Under 100 tickets left at the west end. No way to know how many upper deck GA sold yet from the web site.
Should be an energized crowd, even at 9pm.
I logged in at 9:00, only to find available tickets in the lower corners and end-lines. We've held season tickets for likely 15-20 yrs, but disturbed that the main sideline tickets were all marked "unavailable." Where/when/who do the sideline tickets go to?

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Well, 9 pm is unfortunate. Was going to take our 2 year old to his first Hilton game. Way past his bedtime by the time game ends. Hoping for a blowout and a halftime exit, catch the full game on Sunday.
9:00 is past your bedtime RB....

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I logged in at 9:00, only to find available tickets in the lower corners and end-lines. We've held season tickets for likely 15-20 yrs, but disturbed that the main sideline tickets were all marked "unavailable." Where/when/who do the sideline tickets go to?

I would check later in the week. Each team gets an allotment on the sidelines and they return their unsold one., Maybe the ticket office would know when they are available or possibly check the website of one of the visiting schools.

• Useful
Reactions: Cycsk

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Call the other schools in our pod. They each get like a section.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well, 9 pm is unfortunate. Was going to take our 2 year old to his first Hilton game. Way past his bedtime by the time game ends. Hoping for a blowout and a halftime exit, catch the full game on Sunday.

I went down to the TCU-ISU MBB game a few yrs ago. The TCU fan next to me had brought his young daughter, when the buzzer went off for halftime. She said "we won" They grabbed their coats and went out the door. It would be harder with WBB because quarters, but a little deception might not hurt. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: RonBurgundy

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Tickets for Iowa State donors opened up for sale on Sunday (which is when I bought my tickets and obviously tons were available). Other donor tickets opened up on Monday and then opened up to public. As for me, I’m excited that so many tickets have sold.

Reactions: barometriclow

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
There are now some tickets in the lower level available for both sessions and session 2. My guess is team returns. Sections 110 and 131. These are along the sides. There are not alot, so if interested and don't have tickets yet, I would act very soon.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
There are now some tickets in the lower level available for both sessions and session 2. My guess is team returns. Sections 110 and 131. These are along the sides. There are not alot, so if interested and don't have tickets yet, I would act very soon.
131 is where we usually sit - directly across from the home bench.