Women's team...in color

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
It looks like the 2000-01 team, as listed, was a post and 4 guards.

That year, Gahan was the de facto 4. She could play anywhere on the court, but she really was a wing at heart.

Still my favorite all-time Cyclone. She was in the top 10 in 12 of the 17 career statistical categories ISU tracks when her career was over.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
That year, Gahan was the de facto 4. She could play anywhere on the court, but she really was a wing at heart.

Still my favorite all-time Cyclone. She was in the top 10 in 12 of the 17 career statistical categories ISU tracks when her career was over.

I don't know that Tracy was my favorite but she was close. Her jump shot was so perfect that a sports site used it as an example. I just wish she was a little meaner.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Interesting. That turned out to be one of BF's top two teams, record-wise at ISU.

It was also before the hack/grab/hold/check era of WBB, when offensive players were actually allowed to move freely.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Those teams had some great players for sure. Welle was unique as she was left-handed and no one knew how to stop her move in that direction. We had great point players but the two that made it all tick were Gahan and Taylor. Meghan Taylor is who I refer to as the little engine that could. She could shoot, rebound, and dish. She NEVER stopped moving. She had a motor that was unreal. That is why she graduated as ISU all time leading rebounder even though she was a guard. Definitely my all time favorite player.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
It was also before the hack/grab/hold/check era of WBB, when offensive players were actually allowed to move freely.

Geesh I watched the replay of the BIG XII WBB Championship (CYTV). Two early uncalled fouls by Griner set the theme in that game. Griner was given a pass and it hurt our (Anna and Pop's) confidence in our game plan which was working early.

Help Support Us

Become a patron