WOO HOO

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Just got home-great game, great crowd. Not quite like a home game, but close.

Ga Tech had very physical guards-we really struggled with the press and getting into our offense, but fortunately they (GT) didn't shoot well early which kept us in the game.

Bolte and Anderson were key to us winning

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Great win...

Got very lucky with the call at the end that allowed Aus to shoot the FT's. It was a borderline call and if we don't get it, GT heads the other way for a go ahead layup and likely wins the game.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
Just got back from the game as well... That was crazy! Couldn't buy a three in the first half, way too many turnovers, amazing start to the second half and then struggled down the stretch. I know that I'm biased, but I thought the officiating was lousy. At least they swallowed their whistles at the end there. For a second I thougt they were going to call a foul on that last three point attempt!
Way to go Cyclones!!!

Carl1977

Apr 27, 2006
Cambridge, Iowa
Borderline call? GT was quick on defense the entire game, but got away with that reach across the body for most of the game. It was--in my opinion--about time they made that call.

That said...great coaching the 2nd half and a great win.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Great win...

Got very lucky with the call at the end that allowed Aus to shoot the FT's. It was a borderline call and if we don't get it, GT heads the other way for a go ahead layup and likely wins the game.

It was the right call. It wasn't a no harm - no foul situation. Nor was it one that could have gone either way. Aus doesn't lose control of the ball if the contact on her elbow doesn't first knock her hand away from the ball.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Just got back from the game as well... That was crazy! Couldn't buy a three in the first half, way too many turnovers, amazing start to the second half and then struggled down the stretch. I know that I'm biased, but I thought the officiating was lousy. At least they swallowed their whistles at the end there. For a second I thougt they were going to call a foul on that last three point attempt!
Way to go Cyclones!!!

I'm pretty sure the GT bench was waiting for a foul to be called on the last shot as well. It was right in front of us and it could have gone either way. Fortunately for us, for once the refs swallowed their whistles

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Borderline call? GT was quick on defense the entire game, but got away with that reach across the body for most of the game. It was--in my opinion--about time they made that call.

That said...great coaching the 2nd half and a great win.

Exactly why it was borderline...they had been allowing it all game. I was surprised to see them call it finally.

Jerry1982

Sep 3, 2006
NE Iowa
Great win...

I watched on TV so not quite like the real thing. I did think though that the "street ball" style (lots of reaching and swatting) should not have gone unchecked. Glad some agree although probably not isuno1fan. Seemed like lots of contact was ignored.

Play in question looked like contact. I never got a second look at the final 3 pt. shot. It was blocked I thought.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I thought the call at the end was kinda iffy, but there was several times GT player hammered the heck out of the ISU guards and didn't get called for it. I don't like the ticky tack stuff being called but when you knock someone 8 feet off the path they were driving, something need to get called.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I posed this question during the game, but got no response: Do you think we will ever have a dominating post like Angie Welle on the women's team?