Wooo doggie! Offense STRUGGLED but defense yet again shows up...

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Gilbert with 9 turnovers.

13 total points in the second half 13 minutes in

Lipsey and Gilbert non-factors offensively

Yet...

We win...

On the road...

11-0 run late by ISU to take control after being down 1...

This game worried me and should have worried everyone. We're gonna get everyone's best shot no matter how good or bad they are.

There's a reason we were only -3.5 for this game...they aren't a bad team. This was a gritty ******* win in March. Proud of this group

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
Ward was a no show too. Looking back, idk how we won.
Ward needs to get his head right we need him. He looked out of it and his screens were terrible and lazy. I hope he's not feeling sorry for himself.

Man if he is January ward. These last two aren't even close. Time for him to compete. If we go deep in the tourney it's because he gets back his intensity.

• Agree
Reactions: hiltonisheaven

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I feel pretty strongly when I say that none of our teams in the last 15 years would have won this game today other than this one. Probably gotta go farther back than that
100% said the same thing in a Cyclone fan text group.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I feel that this is just as solid a road win as the others against Texas, TCU, and Cincinnati.

I wouldn't have even been all that upset with a loss, but I am downright ecstatic with how we closed that out, even with the missed free throws.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Ward needs to get his head right we need him. He looked out of it and his screens were terrible and lazy. I hope he's not feeling sorry for himself.

Man if he is January ward. These last two aren't even close. Time for him to compete. If we go deep in the tourney it's because he gets back his intensity.
I think he's still feeling that shoulder injury

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Maybe I'm wrong and I haven't looked it up but it seems like they were overall very tall even guards. So it's not too surprising that Gilbert and Lipsey didn't do well offensively. Did Lipsey even shoot more than like 2?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

He’s dinged up and his timing was off. Probably hasn’t been full go in practice and that matters

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Ward may still have issues with his shoulder which can affect about every aspect of playing basketball.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
We played terribly, yet still won. Part of it was that they couldn’t buy a 3, part of it was some stretches of good defense. But I agree with all other posters with this - there’s no other Cyclone team since ‘99-00 that would have won this game. I’m really not sure how we did it, but that’s kind of this team’s MO. There are no superstars on this roster, just tough, tough guys who basically won’t allow other teams to beat them. As ugly as it’s been the last few games, that can go a long way in March.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Gilbert with 9 turnovers.

13 total points in the second half 13 minutes in

Lipsey and Gilbert non-factors offensively

Yet...

We win...

On the road...

11-0 run late by ISU to take control after being down 1...

This game worried me and should have worried everyone. We're gonna get everyone's best shot no matter how good or bad they are.

There's a reason we were only -3.5 for this game...they aren't a bad team. This was a gritty ******* win in March. Proud of this group
Love the win and love this team. But we HAVE to shoot better in the tournament, full stop.

That UCF team was 1-19 from 3, and we only won by 8. We have to get some games where we are hitting 30% of our 3's. That's a decent bogey in college in my opinion.

If Momcilovich can start hitting 3's in the tournament (along with a couple others), I feel a Final Four is within this team's potential. More fouls will be called in the dance i'm banking on it.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins

It seems like both Ward and Jones have gotten a little less fundamental in their screens in the recent 3-4 games. It felt like for most of Big 12 play they got barely any moving screen calls, but now each of them have had a few in the recent stretch. (Ward's last one before the MM three was especially annoying because he didn't need to get that far out. If would have stopped a half step earlier, MM probably would have still had space for the three.)

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ward may still have issues with his shoulder which can affect about every aspect of playing basketball.
when did Ward hurt his shoulder? I knew Tamin did, but Ward too?