Workouts?

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Coach Steyer tweets - "Started wk 4 of workouts. Getting ready for 1st team workout on Thurs. Time to start putting it all together!" What are "workouts" and how do they differe from "practice"?

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
Only 48 days to go before our first exhibition game against Coe. I am hoping that everyone stays healthy this year and we start the season at full strength. Thanks MRed for the explanations.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Jodi also tweeted that Medders and Wilkins stopped by the workouts. Wilkins will always be one of my favorites for the way she played as a senior. She acquired an attitude and played with an urgency which allowed her and the team to perform a notch above their talent.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Yesterday, (Sunday Sept. 25) Fennelly tweeted "Busy week ahead as we look at the first day of practice a week from today!" The old rules link, which doesn't work anymore, states, "17.3.2 Preseason Practice—on-Court Practice. A member institution shall not commence on-court preseason basketball practice sessions prior to 5 p.m. on the Friday nearest October 15"

Do we get an early start, or has this rule changed.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
The rule changed.

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D112.pdf

17.3.2.2 (adopted April of 2010): An institution shall not commence on-court preseason basketball practice sessions before 5 p.m. on the date that is 40 days before the date of the institution’s first regular-season contest.
An institution shall not engage in more than 30 days of countable athletically related activities before its first regular-season contest.

First contest = Nov 11th. 11/11 - 40 days = October 2nd (Sunday). I remember being confused by the start date last season, so this makes sense that the rule changed prior to last season. MBB is still the same (Friday nearest Oct 15th).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron