Worst football program?

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
What do you think is the worst football program in America? I'm talking Div 1 FBS programs. I'm talking overall program history, current issues, recruiting, fan support, facilities, etc.

I nominate New Mexico State.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Whatever the answer is, I imagine the future will bring UConn into contention, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Wazzou gets honorable mention for a dump hole stadium, but the pirate will probably get that improved somehow.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Whatever the answer is, I imagine the future will bring UConn into contention, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Wazzou gets honorable mention for a dump hole stadium, but the pirate will probably get that improved somehow.

Their stadium does suck and although they have pretty good fan support, being hours away from any populations really hurts them. Still they had some really good years. They had a series of BCS games around the turn of the century. I don't think the old pirate is going to do anything there. Fans are already starting to mutiny.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
With the attractions, I'm surprised Memphis is as terrible as they are, even as a C-USA school.

But, I'm gonna go with a team they beat. Dump hole yet should be better at football.

Southern Miss.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
With the attractions, I'm surprised Memphis is as terrible as they are, even as a C-USA school.

But, I'm gonna go with a team they beat. Dump hole yet should be better at football.

Southern Miss.
They were dominant a few years ago. No way they can be the worst. I'd probably agree with NMSU

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Indiana. Besides Randal El, what do they have? They are always the cellar floor of the B1G.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This used to be so much easier when the answer was F___U, with the blank being filled with your choice of an A or an I.

(ESPN used to have a gif for their "Bottom 10" where the F was the lettering of one school, the U was the lettering of the other, and the middle letter flipped back and forth between the appropriate A and I)

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
They were dominant a few years ago. No way they can be the worst. I'd probably agree with NMSU

Oh I agree. But I've been to a few college towns in my lifetime and when I went to Memphis, I talked to around 10 locals (each one separately) and they spoke of their basketball team like everyone was amazing. If I were a top basketball player, they'd be in my top 5 for sure. Oh and they all hate Calipari.

And the shocker? They love Taggert.

I'm just saying, if their fans showed some love to the football program, with the Memphis night life and loyal fans, you'd think they would be a better team.

D

DistrictCyclone

Eastern Iowa University. Google them; no bowl history, no conference championships, no NFL players...nothing. Must be a real dumpster fire of a program.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
NMSU is .421 winning precentage and has been to 3 bowl games and won 4 conference title

View attachment 17443

UTEP has a .389 winning precentagae but has been to 13 bowl games and won 2 conference titles.

View attachment 17444

Idaho has .440 winning percentage and has been to 2 bowls but has 10 conference titles

View attachment 17445
Worst to best

Winning %
UTEP
NMSU
Idaho

Postseason
NMSU
Idaho
UTEP

Stadium
Idaho