Worst Movies Ever

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Can’t remember if we have a thread on this.

OMG is Jeepers Creepers Reborn (the new one) absolutely rubbish. The acting is worse than a Mexican soap opera. The props are probably painted cardboard boxes and I’m pretty sure every single scene is on a green screen.

You could pay me $200 and I still wouldn’t sit through that again. It’s Hawkeye offense level ****.
Pretty Woman, Home Alone

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I don't expect historical accuracy. Some great historical films play fast and loose with the facts when the story calls for it or are aggressive about simplifying events and the number of characters.

But they don't go 180° in the opposite direction. The only "endless army of slaves" the Spartans would have ever been fighting would have been if their own slaves (the helots) rose up on them. Spartans were notoriously fickle about leaving Sparta to fight because they were so terrified of a slave rebellion. Their martial prowess wasn't designed to defeat other Greeks. It was designed to keep their slaves down.

John Wick started as a screenplay in the early 2000s. It's a pretty straightforward revenge flick.

300 is an "adaptation" of the Battle of Thermopylae, one of the most memorable war stories in the history of our species. When you're dealing with such weighty source material... have at least a little respect for it. John Wick can get away with it because it isn't dealing with such powerful history and literature.
…it’s a comic book movie.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I don't expect historical accuracy. Some great historical films play fast and loose with the facts when the story calls for it or are aggressive about simplifying events and the number of characters.

But they don't go 180° in the opposite direction. The only "endless army of slaves" the Spartans would have ever been fighting would have been if their own slaves (the helots) rose up on them. Spartans were notoriously fickle about leaving Sparta to fight because they were so terrified of a slave rebellion. Their martial prowess wasn't designed to defeat other Greeks. It was designed to keep their slaves down.

John Wick started as a screenplay in the early 2000s. It's a pretty straightforward revenge flick.

300 is an "adaptation" of the Battle of Thermopylae, one of the most memorable war stories in the history of our species. When you're dealing with such weighty source material... have at least a little respect for it. John Wick can get away with it because it isn't dealing with such powerful history and literature.
I respect your passion about the Battle of Thermopylae and respect your stance. Because you’re so interested in the history of Sparta, that movie probably was an abomination.

I felt the same way about Dunkirk. I was super excited to get Nolan’s take on the battle of Dunkirk and the subsequent retreat in the same vein as Tora Tora Tora or Bamd of Brothers. Halfway through I realized, oh this really isn’t going to be about the battle at all. We’re just following Harry Styles around.

But 99% of the population doesn’t care about our complaints on 300 or Dunkirk. They just wanted a popcorn movie. Which I can respect too.

PS - regarding 300, they actually did hilariously show how awful Sparta was the through traitor. They just didn’t realize it.
“Oh My Mom was supposed to kill me due to Spartan tradition because I’m disabled. But she loved me so she didn’t.” “Oh now I’m the bad guy”

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Birth of Nation - really shouldn't need a reason why

Gone with the Wind

Now, Gone with the Wind is a brilliant piece of film making. And I own a copy. And its a very well made movie on its face value.

However, its very sympathetic tone towards the south during the civil war - or what I see as a very sympathetic stance - bothers me.
I think this is a really interesting way to look at “worst.” Triumph of the will would also be on that list

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I think I said this in another bad movie thread, but The VelociPastor. My wife was on a bad movie kick a couple years ago and we watched it. Even though you know it's going to be a bad movie and expect it going in, so you kind of laugh at it while watching, it was still just bad. Like downright bad.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think I said this in another bad movie thread, but The VelociPastor. My wife was on a bad movie kick a couple years ago and we watched it. Even though you know it's going to be a bad movie and expect it going in, so you kind of laugh at it while watching, it was still just bad. Like downright bad.

I don't know. Kinda looks like about everything you need in a movie, is all right there.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
I think this is a really interesting way to look at “worst.” Triumph of the will would also be on that list
True. I just look at worst from a sense of the message of the movie because I understand that my particular view towards what makes a good movie is different from many people's and whether a movie is "good" in terms of the story is very subjective.

I just look at it why was it made and what was it pushing.

Gone with the Wind isn't quite (In my opinion alone) as awful as Birth of a Nation. And other than its tone and view of the South - the rest of it , referring to cinematography , music, etc, is very well done. If it was more neutral, or slightly harsher on the south then it might be one of the better movies made IMO but because of its tone and POV - it makes this list.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
See, I find the Shining to be a classic. Just like I loved the original Halloween - I'm not a fan of the massive body counts of modern slashers but the original Scream, the original I know what you did last summer, Halloween - etc.

Movies that were as much suspense (in theory) as just bodies dropping like the lyrics from Drowning Pool - those movies I can't stand.

I also would say just from a taste piece,

Titanic and Pearl Harbor.

Not because everyone knew how it was going to end or because the acting was terrible.
But because they took events, that there was a mountain to make a movie out of , and instead inserted some random love story or love triangle into

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron