Worst Movies Ever

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Brother in law thought this would be a good movie to bring for everyone to watch during Thanksgiving or Christmas one year. Imagine watching a character boning his girlfriend on a street in front of an audience while sitting on the couch next to your mother in law.

Come on. I'm sure she's lived some life in her time!

The 60s, man

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I don't ever watch the obvious B-movies with the titles that tell you it's going to be terrible, so I don't really count those.

I think there are the movies that are big budget/mainstream that are crap like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Then there are movies that people generally liked or at least thought were decent but I thought sucked. One such movie that had a good cast and decent reviews was Cop Land. It's the only time I legit fell asleep in the theater.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I think I was only about 13, but Joe Vs. the Volcano is still the most bored I have ever been in a movie theater in my life.

Ooh, that reminds me of another Hanks clunker, the Burbs.

He had done Joe vs. the Volcano, Turner and Hooch, and the Burbs coming off of his big breakthrough/Oscar nomination in Big. That's a pretty bad stretch of films, right before he started hitting box office homers with League of Their Own, Sleepless in Seattle, Philadelphia, Forrest Gump, and Apollo 13. But as somebody said, before you can be a star you gotta put food on the table.

In the 80's, movies didn't have to be good. Probably 8 new movies came out every weekend and we all generally just picked one and went. It just needed a good 2 minute preview to show for coming attractions and a bankable star. They didn't usually have special effects, and didn't need to make $200 million to break even.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Ooh, that reminds me of another Hanks clunker, the Burbs.

He had done Joe vs. the Volcano, Turner and Hooch, and the Burbs coming off of his big breakthrough in Big. That's a pretty bad stretch of films, right before he started hitting box office homers with League of Their Own, Sleepless in Seattle, Philadelphia, Forrest Gump, and Apollo 13. But as somebody said, before you can be a star you gotta put food on the table.

In the 80's, movies didn't have to be good. Probably 8 new movies came out every weekend and we all generally just picked one and went. It just needed a good 2 minute preview to show for coming attractions and a bankable star. They didn't usually have special effects, and didn't need to make $200 million to break even.
You are not dissing the Burbs are you? That's grounds for pistols at dawn.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Pure Country, Caddyshack 2

200w.gif

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Some of these movies are so bad they are good. Like they meant to be good, but were aweful, but were so aweful it made them accidentally a comedy film. Jason Voorhees in space, awful movie but funny as hell also.

Jaws 4 fits this mold

Also Showgirls was terribly acted and a stupid plot. However, when I was 20 years old, u could sign me up for any movie that gets the girls from saved by the bell naked and I’m down. Throw in a lesbian scene and I ranked that movie up there with Raiders of the lost arch as a perfectly made movie.

Showgirls was the Citizen Cane of titty movies

I didn’t realize how bad it was until VH-1 showed it with these awful black "bras" on the ladies. Bad movie and bad work trying to make it PG

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Did a google search of “alternative Christmas movies” last week. Most lists had The Ref on it, description sounded interesting so gave it a shot. Absolutely painful movie with horrible acting, had to shut it off. I’m normally one that enjoys off beat movies but this was just bad.
The Ref is hilarious. What's not to like about Denis Leary being Denis Leary and a spiteful married couple going between passive-aggressive and aggressive?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I don't ever watch the obvious B-movies with the titles that tell you it's going to be terrible, so I don't really count those.

I think there are the movies that are big budget/mainstream that are crap like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Then there are movies that people generally liked or at least thought were decent but I thought sucked. One such movie that had a good cast and decent reviews was Cop Land. It's the only time I legit fell asleep in the theater.

It turns my stomach how bad the films are on the list of the most expensive films of all-time...

1702491669818.png

Looking at that list, the only one on it that I have seen and enjoyed and want to see again or would have any interest in seeing in the first place would be Tangled and that's probably it.

There's probably going to be some MCU people protesting about The Avengers films up there being good (sure sure if you like that stuff, but the original The Avengers and Infinity War were much better than Ultron and Endgame) and Guardians 1 and Guardians 2 were way better than Guardians 3).

The rest are just... barf. How do you spend so much on so many awful films?

• Winner
Reactions: Proton

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Worst movies I've seen in the theatre:

- Freddie Got Fingered: Not sure what's more embarrassing, the movie or the fact I paid to see it.
- The American: A movie about absolutely nothing.
- True Lies: Only saving grace is it has Bill Paxton in it. The best wanker portrayer of all-time (True Lies character, Chet in Weird Science, Hudson in Aliens).
- Suburban Commando: My buddy dragged me to this and it was terrible. I think he also dragged me to another non-sensical Hogan movie around the same time. Thankfully I can't remember that one.
- Old School: I love Animal House. I love Revenge of the Nerds. Back to School is one of my favorite comedy movies ever (RIP Rodney). This was a feeble attempt to rip off all three movies. Having Will Ferrell in it made it even worse.