Would Iowa?

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Rather have ISU or Texas in the big 10?

That would be Texas, and I hope, sooner rather than later (but it will happen), they will learn that was a bad choice.

Edit - As I think a little longer on this, they will regret it both sooner and later; sooner, when Iowa recieves their beatdowns on the field, and later, when Texas starts pushing their weight around in the Big 10 like the have in the Big XII

Last edited:

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Does any fans or anyone in the universities minus the ADs and Presidents want Texas?

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Write it down, they will completely blow up their next conference, 16 teams with opinions. IMO 16 teams leagues wont work.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Does any fans or anyone in the universities minus the ADs and Presidents want Texas?

Iowa fans are salivating over it. They think they're going to pwn Texas from the moment they set foot in the league. Not too sure Michigan or Ohio St fans are nearly as fond of it.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Write it down, they will completely blow up their next conference, 16 teams with opinions. IMO 16 teams leagues wont work.

IMO, 16 teams work fairly well. Little hard in FB to play all you conference foes on a regular basis, but that's about it.

Now - your point of them blowing up their next conference - that's a given.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
TX would kill Iowa in FB, BB, Baseball, etc. most years. Not even close.

Apr 28, 2009
Iowa fans are salivating over it. They think they're going to pwn Texas from the moment they set foot in the league. Not too sure Michigan or Ohio St fans are nearly as fond of it.

I'm not salivating over it. I'm well aware that Texas will probably beat us more times than not, any realistic fan should know this. Anyone who says we will own them is an idiot.

And to answer the original question, I don't want either ISU or Texas.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
TX would kill Iowa in FB, BB, Baseball, etc. most years. Not even close.

This is the only bright spot of the expansion picture. If it is going to happen, I want them to start playing this fall, and it should kick off with Iowa going down to Austin and over to Lincoln for away games.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
I'm not salivating over it. I'm well aware that Texas will probably beat us more times than not, any realistic fan should know this. Anyone who says we will own them is an idiot.

And to answer the original question, I don't want either ISU or Texas.

because you know that ANY big 12 team could come take over your conference right now. Hopefully our boy Pollard is inking a deal with your conference right now. BCS, here we come.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
I don't see Texas taking over the Big 10 if they get in. They will be on a more level playing field and won't receive every advantage in the book. They will have to play in cold weather, won't have as easy of a schedule like the Texas/Oklahoma/Nebraska/Other 9 conference gave to them. Money doesn't necessarily result in dominance. Ask Michigan. Penn State was pretty dominant when they entered the Big 11 too.

Texas will gravitate to the mean in the Big 11. Yes they will be a leader in the conference. But I see them joining the ranks of parity that the Big 11 always has.