Would Iowa?

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
They'll tell you Texas right now.

If they get Texas, 5 years from now they'll be begging for ISU. Bank on it.

Really? Have you ever heard an Iowa fan wish that Ohio State wasn't in the Big 10? Even one? You do hear them say the wished we didn't have to play ISU. And Northwestern. I think most Iowa fans prefer playing good teams because in all honesty the ISU game does nothing nationally with a win, but beating Texas even a few times would be a lot of fun.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Really? Have you ever heard an Iowa fan wish that Ohio State wasn't in the Big 10? Even one? You do hear them say the wished we didn't have to play ISU. And Northwestern. I think most Iowa fans prefer playing good teams because in all honesty the ISU game does nothing nationally with a win, but beating Texas even a few times would be a lot of fun.

I hope you don't like fun......

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Personally, I'm glad the Big Ten didn't get Texas. They're worth a ton of money, but they're also a lot of trouble. I'm also glad that ISU gets to stay in a BCS conference, though I don't envy them having to continue to be a lapdog for Texas. The MWC is going to be a BCS conference before long, and they'd get away from Texas if they went to the MWC. I just don't think you all should put too much faith into Texas.

I would have preferred seeing Texas go to the Pac-10 and wreck that conference. Watching USC squirm under Texas' thumb would have been pretty entertaining.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
We should have never started the rivalry back up in the 70's to begin with. It was a lose-lose for us, and it legitimized Iowa's football program and gave the demon child Fry a foothold in the state.