Would you press a button to guarantee 3 National Championships in 15 years if it meant Iowa got 4 in the same time period?

Press the button?

• Total voters

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Question in the title, pick whatever sport you want but it has to be the same since some of y’all are comedians

(Shamelessly stolen from reddit)

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Sure...Iowa would actually be good so it might be worth all the coverage they got for it.

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
Absolutely... The amount of national press that game (whatever sport) would begin to get would be awesome for us too.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Without a doubt, my ISU fandom will always trump my Iowa hatred. 1 natty (in football or NCAAM) would be worth it, don't care how many Iowa gets as long as we get 1.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Couldn't care less about how Iowa performs in any sport, so I'd take the championships in a heartbeat.

Since you said 3, I'll take one in football, 1 in men's BB, and 1 in women's basketball.

Reactions: Raiders70

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
If all 4 that Iowa got were in Women's softball.. yes!

• Agree
Reactions: Acer88

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Can you imagine the national sports talking heads losing their minds if Iowa State won a national championship in men’s basketball or football? Once would be enough to endure a couple of UofI championships, but three? WOO-doggy! That’d be a humdinger.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
The correct answer to this is yes.

1) If Iowa had one more championship in any one sport than ISU in that period of time, there would be a debate about who is better based on a ton of different factors. What is different from today?

2) If Iowa and ISU had a combined 7 national championships in 15 years, that would mean you have a rivalry similar to a NC / Duke kind of rivalry. The dislike for each other would be high, there would be crazy amounts of band wagoner's jumping on and bringing the general intelligence of the fan base down and causing the country to witness and acknowledge a level of dislike and animosity among Iowa's college sports fans at a fairly high level. What is different from today?

3) Iowa and ISU would have tremendous success between them, would dominate the press for that period of time in that sport and might gain a little more respect for Iowa-based sport (that one sport of course) for that period of time. That is what would be different. And how can that be bad again?

In this case I would not sever my olfactory organ to harm my visage.

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
3 championships in 15 years would ensure ISUs sports future. Plus half of the championships would feature our state, and that’s not even including the championship games we make and lose. So we’d have 3 championships, probably around 5-10 playoff births, at least 3 conference championships, and be a part of the biggest football rivalry of the decade. A whole generation of kids would think of us as powerhouses. Would be a hoot.