Would you press a button to guarantee ISU would never win a national championship, but also all Hawkeye fans would be rendered mute?

Would you guarantee ISU would never win a national 'ship, but also all Hawk fans would be mute?

• Yes, absolutely yes

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 78.8%

• Total voters

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
af4d837ab15aae2f91b9182f478901c6.gif

Reactions: JohnnyFive

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So we don’t ever win a championship, but we guarantee that the Hawkeyes become the worst program in every sport basically. If the fans can’t speak, their sporting environments would be even more dead, people would not become fans of Iowa since they know they would become a mute and can’t speak, meaning theirs fans would basically become zero. Any decent coach or player would never go there so they would basically end up closing up shop………..

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
be rivals with Kansas in BB and Okie state in football. You think Wisconsin, MN, Nebraska don’t have rivals?
And not have anyone in the state to talk trash with about football?

It is far better to make fun of Iowa football as their rival than it would be to make fun of them if they were just a sad excuse of an offense that simply happened to be in the same state as us.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
And not have anyone in the state to talk trash with about football?

It is far better to make fun of Iowa football as their rival than it would be to make fun of them if they were just a sad excuse of an offense that simply happened to be in the same state as us.
We have Nebraska fans on the western side, MN fans in the north. I can’t speak about the other sides but it’s far from everyone in the state being Cyclone/Hawkeye fans. It would probably make UNI D1. So you in essence would start the elevation of UNI and get rid of Hawkeyes.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Mute would make them moot. They would cease to exist after a few years.

Disagree. Mute would still give them a chance to celebrate success, albeit in a quieter way. Moot would indicate that they would not see success at all, and the fandom would fall into a state of complete apathy.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Personally, knowing ISU could make it to a championship game knowing they would lose every time is enough to negate the many benefits that this hypothetical would provide. But it is a close call.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Disagree. Mute would still give them a chance to celebrate success, albeit in a quieter way. Moot would indicate that they would not see success at all, and the fandom would fall into a state of complete apathy.
You don’t think their teams would totally collapse if they had fans who couldn’t speak? Imagine their coaches trying to sign to a player on a recruiting visit, because they would be fans. All a coach would have to say is, if you go to Iowa you won’t be able to talk while you are there. It would collapse the whole AD.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
be rivals with Kansas in BB and Okie state in football. You think Wisconsin, MN, Nebraska don’t have rivals?
I can't for the life of me figure out why people always throw out OSU as a rival in football. There is nothing natural about that being a rivalry. Sure, there have been a few heated or big games over the past 15 years, but I'd never call them a rival. I can tell you we certainly aren't a rival in their eyes, just a nuisance.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I can't for the life of me figure out why people always throw out OSU as a rival in football. There is nothing natural about that being a rivalry. Sure, there have been a few heated or big games over the past 15 years, but I'd never call them a rival. I can tell you we certainly aren't a rival in their eyes, just a nuisance.
Pick a team then. I don’t care, but a rival would happen over time. Gundy and OSU players were asked who their rival would be when OU announced they were leaving and they said ISU. So it looks like they want to now make us one.

Reactions: Jer