Which would you choose?

• 1)

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • 2)

Votes: 30 61.2%

• Total voters

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Iowa losing to Minnesota at home might have been a bad enough loss to put them in 3-seed territory. As it is, they squeaked out a win over one of the worst major conference teams in the country.

To the poll question, I don't think my heart could handle either another first round 3/14 or 4/13 type upset for Iowa State, or a loss to Iowa of all teams in the Final Four. But if you can guarantee me that a non-Kansas team beats Iowa in the national championship game, especially if it is either a blowout or a heartbreaking buzzer-beater, then I would feel more confident in taking option #2.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Wanted to vote 2 because obviously its the final 4. Then I thought about how insufferable the trolls were here after the loss to UAB. Too many new user names to keep track of to block. A loss to them in the final 4? Would never hear the end of it from Hawk fans.

However, the Hawks being the 1st ever 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed. That is something that the entire country would never let them forget, and would be played every single year throughout every NCAA tournament for years and years to come. Just a difference in opinion to those saying 1 all day long. But the long term effect it would have against the hawks would make option 1 that much more worth it.

After the ups and down's of this season so far, I wouldn't be shocked to see us get bounced the first game anyways. Misery loves company and Hawk tears are delicious.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Final 4 for sure. Both teams win in that situation and there will be pretty much guaranteed top 25 basketball for the foreseeable future. In the other situation everyone loses and we're just a couple short seasons away from going back to the basketball dark ages.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
1/3 of you guys would give up a final four appearance as long as Iowa didn't do better or have the first 1/16 loss?

Wow.

Laughing-Tom-Cruise-Gif-15.gif

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I mean, you're entitled to do that, just really have never understood that line of thinking or level of hate. To each their own I guess.

I don't feel that way, but to be fair, it's probably because of all the insufferable hawk fans on this board.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I don't feel that way, but to be fair, it's probably because of all the insufferable hawk fans on this board.

Meh, there are quite a few ISU fans I feel the same way towards on this board/Iowa’s board/real life; certainly would not pass up a final four just to spite them.

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
Why the **** does what ISU does in the tourney have anything to do with Iowa??????????? If we play them it would be on the second weekend or later and I hope we win. I HATE these little brother threads!!!!!!!

Help Support Us

Become a patron