Would you trade either Arnaud or Bates for Iowa's JC?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Baxter, you know I don't speak Spanish....
:cool:

u guys already experienced bates with his catch. And I hope u liked shaggy, 5 fieldgoals. LOL. Beeeeeyaaaaa

Like I've said - that was the worst play of last season for the Iowa defense. Absolutely horrible. I felt physically sick when Dolph announced he had made the catch.

Ugh.

But, just because he can catch the ball doesn't mean he can throw it.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
:cool:

Like I've said - that was the worst play of last season for the Iowa defense. Absolutely horrible. I felt physically sick when Dolph announced he had made the catch.

Ugh.

But, just because he can catch the ball doesn't mean he can throw it.

Horrible? How can you NOT expect that to happen when you cover a WR out wide one on one with a LB? That's not poor execution, that is poor coaching and scheme. Iowa is lucky that they didn't get burned earlier in the game when ISU went five wide. Meyer flat out missed the WR on that play...and he severely underthrew Bates, otherwise it would have been a long TD.

BTW, Bates CAN throw. He has a quicker release than Arnaud (and both have a quicker release than Meyer did). He is a little more inconsistant than AA, but he makes up for it with the ability to bust long runs and make people miss. I have a feeling that they will both play and there will be a few more designed QB runs this fall.

I've said it for years now, iowa is the easiest team to scheme against on ISU's schedule. You know that they are going to line up in the I and run that stretch zone play most of the time. They'll hardly ever put multiple WRs on the field. And on D, they rarely blitz and rarely go to a nickel or dime. Straight up 90% of the time. Yeah, it works when you have outstanding talent, but iowa hasn't had that for 4-5 years now.