Would you trade either Arnaud or Bates for Iowa's JC?

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Anyone here who would make that trade? Either of our QB's for a "proven" starter in Jake Christensen. Sorry, I would not.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
NO. :goofy:
Even though they haven't played a season yet, I think they both have way more potential than JC will ever have IMO.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
no, but i might give one of em for Mitch King. He's about the only on the team, maybe AJ Edds.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
The only way way I would even remotely consider it is if I had a keg of Jack Daniels tapped into my arm via IV drip for a solid week. Brain cells would be gone and so I would have the objectivity of the typical trailer trash hawk fan and would take him over Tom Brady even. You know he is the next Heisman winner right.......

OH wait, that's the back up QB......SORRY

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Honestly, how do you even know? JC had some bad passes, but he had 2,500 yards and a 17/9 TD/INT ratio. The thing holding him back was his 54% completion rate.

Oh, and his uncanny ability to swallow the ball instead of throwing it away. Both are fixable. I guess we (Iowa fans) will have to hope he has fixed that frustrating little problem.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Anyone here who would make that trade? Either of our QB's for a "proven" starter in Jake Christensen. Sorry, I would not.

you use the word "proven" like it is a positive word. i would have traded shaggy for him, but then put him on the bench with his parade all american award from high school. i would have done anything not to watch shaggy miss another game winner.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
The answer is "it depends".

Are we trading because we want a quarterback or are we trading because we want a statue to post outside the stadium?

If we're looking for a quarterback, then no. Arnaud and Bates are unproven, and Jake is proven. But he's proven - statistically - to be the worst quarterback in the Big Ten and one of the worst in the country. Why would we trade two quarterbacks who both have potential for that???

On the other hand if we're looking for a statue, then Jake is the man.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I bleed cardinal and gold like the rest of you, but this has "homer" written all over it. What's next, would we trade our redshirt wrestlers for the Hawkeye that won a title this year?

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
If JC had our recievers last year he would have had great numbers.

When was the last ISU QB to put up nice TD/INT numbers?

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
No way Jose. Now if the question would be, "Would you rather have had Brad Banks or Seneca Wallace?" that would be a better discussion, but this question is kind of biased because we all know that JC sucks.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Watch out. We're almost, like, agreed. How do you like them apples?:yes:

Those are good apples :cool:

I'm not knocking either ISU QB. I'm just saying - there are far more factors than just JC's stats. He swallowed the ball too much, but he wasn't too terribly bad for a first year starter. Given the lack of o-line play and inability of the WRs to hold onto the ball, I'd say he was almost decent at times.