Wow, Geno's Uconn gals crush #1 Stanford

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
The margin surprises me, but the outcome does not. Stanford was over-rated as #1. They barely beat Baylor when Baylor had to adjust on-the-fly without Sims.

Look at Stanford's schedule. Although they beefed it up lately heading into the Pac12 season, the recent wins against good teams were narrow ones. Outside of Baylor and the recent games, their schedule has not been too challenging (Fresno, Santa Clara, Hawaii, Tenn-Martin, Long Beach, UC Davis, Pacific).

Hard to say whether the Pac12 will challenge them. But they don't have the power players of recent teams Chiney is good, but not great like her sister. The guards are talented but not great. Greenfield is playing but not impacting them much.

It would be fun for ISU to play Stanford this year.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The margin surprises me, but the outcome does not. Stanford was over-rated as #1. They barely beat Baylor when Baylor had to adjust on-the-fly without Sims.

Look at Stanford's schedule. Although they beefed it up lately heading into the Pac12 season, the recent wins against good teams were narrow ones. Outside of Baylor and the recent games, their schedule has not been too challenging (Fresno, Santa Clara, Hawaii, Tenn-Martin, Long Beach, UC Davis, Pacific).

Hard to say whether the Pac12 will challenge them. But they don't have the power players of recent teams Chiney is good, but not great like her sister. The guards are talented but not great. Greenfield is playing but not impacting them much.

I agree that Stanford's Baylor win was deceiving as Sims was out.
Watched the game yesterday, and the difference in quickness between the two teams was startling; I doubt that Greenfield, for example, would ever see the floor at UConn. Also, UConn seemed much more intense. I love the way they play - ball distribution, unselfish play, up and down the floor, etc.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I agree that Stanford's Baylor win was deceiving as Sims was out.
Watched the game yesterday, and the difference in quickness between the two teams was startling; I doubt that Greenfield, for example, would ever see the floor at UConn. Also, UConn seemed much more intense. I love the way they play - ball distribution, unselfish play, up and down the floor, etc.

Yeah I see Baylor in the Final four with UCONN, but I think Stanford may well lose prior to that.

Last edited:

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Sad how bad Conn made the Stanford guards look and Dolson is one of the hardest working posts I have seen. Also sad Greenfield only get garbage minutes when she would have started here. ISU could beat Stanford this year.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
It is also amazing to me how much Geno gets out of his players and how much he enables their confidence.

Anything less is a disappointment unless having the top recruiting class yearly is a bogus claim as well as being the best WBB coach and system.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron