WTH? Pollard at Creighton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Quit using logic. There is no room for that around here. I mean why would Jamie go sukup to the person that made the practice facility happen. Act like he cares about the guys daughter and all. What Scum Jamie Pollard is for going and watching a different basketball game? He should be fired from Iowa State.

Jeez Jamie. Check has already been cashed and practice facility already built. We can be done with this guy now.

:jimlad:

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Someone earlier mentioned that Creighton doesn't even have a football team, Why would he want to go there? I'm not feeding the Pollard/Jays connection at all, just want to point something out.
WHile schools that have football generally have bigger budgets, ask anyone who has been in athletic administration and they will tell you of all the sports, football is by far the biggest headache. If someone in that field were looking to slow down, they would definitely find a place with no football.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Someone earlier mentioned that Creighton doesn't even have a football team, Why would he want to go there? I'm not feeding the Pollard/Jays connection at all, just want to point something out.
WHile schools that have football generally have bigger budgets, ask anyone who has been in athletic administration and they will tell you of all the sports, football is by far the biggest headache. If someone in that field were looking to slow down, they would definitely find a place with no football.

but why you want to go to the lower division ? He's already an AD in a major conference school. If he goes to Creighton, it can be viewed as "demotion" unless he goes as a President :)

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This thread is funny. I actually saw Pollard at Wal-Mart the other night. I think he was lobbying to get the store managers job. He was wearing a blue shirt.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Seriously, ISU to Creighton would be a down grade. Pollard is not leaving ISU! He is not hunting for coaches! If he is doing anything, he is hunting for donors

I love all the conspiracy theorist on this board.

Reactions: wxman1

XLK9

Dec 31, 2009
Ames
This just in.....

Jamie Pollard gets a haircut at Monty's. Rumors are that Monty is the next ISU MBB coach.

Also, Jamie was wearing a pink shirt with green strips. I think those are the colors of....wait, no one would have those school colors. Make up your own mind what that means.

And as if I needed to do it.:jimlad:

Sportstalkmatt

May 21, 2009
Des Moines
Guys - I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt - that Bruce Rasmussen, the AD of Creighton is going no where. They have recently hired back a CU grad to run the basketball program to let Bruce do other things (like attempt to join the Selection Committee).

Bruce is going to be at CU for another 10 years, just like Coach Altman. They are basically a package deal. I was at the UNI vs. CU game and did not see Jamie behind the bench. I would be shocked if he was in CU gear as well.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Wait, my fault...I thought we talking men's game. My fault. But still - Bruce isn't going anywhere

Dude, try to follow the thread. It's been established that Pollard was there as a friend of the Jensens. He wasn't job hunting (major step down anyway) or coach hunting (Altman wouldn't leave for ISU).

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Dickson Jensen who was key contributor to the Men's and Women's practice facility has a daughter who is a freshmen on the Creighton Women's basketball team. JP was there to support Jensen's daughter nothing more, nothing less.

By the way, you may see him on Friday in DSM at the Drake/Creighton game as well.

... I wonder how rumors ever get started?

Wcloneswin

Apr 20, 2006
Jamie was there with the Dixson Jensen family to watch Ally Jensen play for Creighton. End of story. Give the guy a break!!

Status
Not open for further replies.