WVU sues Rodriguez

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
It's about time someone call a college coach on this. They seem to forget that they are under contract. Arent these legal and binding agreeements on both sides, not just the universities?

Why is it that coaches can come and go as they please, but if they are fired they get guaranteed money and buyouts? Seems like a one way road.

Anyone know if there is special laguage in coaches contracts that allow this BS?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
He should pay 4 million for the choke job against Pitt.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
It's about time someone call a college coach on this. They seem to forget that they are under contract. Arent these legal and binding agreeements on both sides, not just the universities?

Why is it that coaches can come and go as they please, but if they are fired they get guaranteed money and buyouts? Seems like a one way road.

Anyone know if there is special laguage in coaches contracts that allow this BS?

actually, most have a buyout clause. that's the issue here, Rodriguez believes WV didn't hold up to their end of the contract (things promised that he claims were broken), therefore he shouldn't have to pay it. WV believes he does owe it.

sloaner

Apr 19, 2006
Indianola, IA
actually, most have a buyout clause. that's the issue here, Rodriguez believes WV didn't hold up to their end of the contract (things promised that he claims were broken), therefore he shouldn't have to pay it. WV believes he does owe it.

Ah the classic he said she said.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com

I agree with this, coaches seem to be able to end the relationship whenever they want and no problem, the school has to pay financially if they end it.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
As best I can tell, West Virginia hasn't been damaged yet, since Rodriguez has 30 days to make the first instalment.

30 days don't expire until mid January. You can't sue someone for what you think they are or aren't going to do.

Totally off the topic, but that reminds me of a Huggy Bear story I heard when he was at Cincinnati. After a particularly bad call, he went to the official and asked "Can you give me a technical for something I think?" The official assure him that he could not. Huggins then said "Good, because I think YOU SUCK".

The official proceeded to give him a technical

Help Support Us

Become a patron