Wyoming Dual

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Wyoming was supposed to compete in a tri dual with UNI and SDSU today - only have 7 available wrestlers so are only doing extra matches - hope this doesn’t impact our Friday dual.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Really hope their heavier weights are healthy by Friday. Would be a great measuring stick for Devine, Coleman, and Bastida.

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Wyoming was supposed to compete in a tri dual with UNI and SDSU today - only have 7 available wrestlers so are only doing extra matches - hope this doesn’t impact our Friday dual.

Here's the results from that dual at SDSU per UNI's site. UNI was moving some guys around it looks like.

RV SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 27, #22 UNI 13
125 | Tanner Jordan (SDSU) dec. Kyle Gollhofer (UNI) 4-3
133 | #33 Kyle Biscoglia (UNI) maj. dec. Caleb Gross (SDSU) 10-2
141 | #11 Clay Carlson (SDSU) dec. #31 Cael Happel (UNI) 11-4
149 | Daniel Kimball (SDSU) dec. Triston Lara (UNI) 9-5
157 | Derek Holschlag (UNI) dec. Kenny O'Neil (SDSU) 7-1
165 | #29 Tanner Cook (SDSU) pinned Cayd Lara (UNI) 1:26 F
174 | #11 Cade DeVos (SDSU) dec. Pat Schoenfelder (UNI) 10-6
184 | Cade King (SDSU) pinned Dajun Johnson (UNI) 1:56 F
197 | No. 4 Parker Keckeisen (UNI) pinned Nick Casperson (SDSU) 4:12
285 | #24 A.J. Nevills (SDSU) dec. Tyrell Gordon (UNI) 4-3

EXTRA MATCHES:
125 | Jake Svihel (Wyoming) dec. Kyle Gollhofer (UNI) 3-2
125 | Brendon Garcia (Wyoming) dec. Kyle Gollhofer (UNI), 7-5 SV-1
133 | #33 Kyle Biscoglia (UNI) maj. dec. Job Greenwood (Wyoming) 9-0
149 | Jaron Jensen (Wyoming) dec. Triston Lara (UNI) 5-2
149 | Colin Realbuto (UNI) dec. Jaron Jensen (Wyoming) 4-2
157 | Colin Realbuto (UNI) dec. Kenny O'Neil (SDSU) 8-2
157 | #14 Jacob Wright (Wyoming) dec. Cayd Lara (UNI) 11-4
285 | Tyrell Gordon (UNI) dec. Terren Swartz (Wyoming) 2-1 TB1

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Tanner Sloan has been dinged up for a while. Unfortunately not sure he will ever be healthy

Keck is a 184. Guessing he just bumped up for the dual.
Sloan was 21-6 in 2020 and 17-4 last year losing in R12. Sitting at 5-4 this year but has only wrestled Minnesota dual, Southern scuffle and CKLV. Hope to see him stay healthy and finish out the year.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Glad this is a go : here is Wyoming's release- is this not on ESPN+ ?

The "affiliate" schools aren't required to be part of the Big 12's ESPN+ deal (although I wish it would be part of the competition agreement). They're still free to follow the broadcasting contracts from their primary conference, or set up their own (Flo, Rokfin, YouTube, etc.).

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The "affiliate" schools aren't required to be part of the Big 12's ESPN+ deal (although I wish it would be part of the competition agreement). They're still free to follow the broadcasting contracts from their primary conference, or set up their own (Flo, Rokfin, YouTube, etc.).
I agree. Why can't we make them do the ESPN + BS if we have too? It's way more accessible for people to see their product anyway.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

Horse ****. Not you personally.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I agree. Why can't we make them do the ESPN + BS if we have too? It's way more accessible for people to see their product anyway.
Since they are affiliate members it could cause complications with their primary league's media deal so I could see how the Big 12 would just stay out of it for one sport.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I’m pumped for this dual. 74 on up will be some great matches. Most excited for sure about 197. A win here would probably vault Younger into the top 5.

Wyoming is a tough place to wrestle. Elevation can really mess with the conditioning. Not to mention I think Wyoming is a well coached team and always in great shape. ISU guys better be ready to be pushed.

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m pumped for this dual. 74 on up will be some great matches. Most excited for sure about 197. A win here would probably vault Younger into the top 5.

Wyoming is a tough place to wrestle. Elevation can really mess with the conditioning. Not to mention I think Wyoming is a well coached team and always in great shape. ISU guys better be ready to be pushed.
Laramie, WY 7,165′
Ames, IA 942'

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Key matches tonight:
133- Wyoming kid is ranked 33 in the Intermat rankings. Good opportunity for Ramazan to get a W and start to potentially crack some of the rankings
174- Hastings from Wyoming is a very good wrestler. If Devine can pull off the upset, I think he is set as the guy for the rest of the year and becomes a potential R12 guy
184- Marcus should win, but Tate Samuelson is a good wrestler. Will be a good test, but I expect Marcus to win by 3-4 points
197- Great opportunity for Yonger against a top 5 kid. Win and cement yourself as a potential finalist contender. A close loss isn't the worst thing, but a win would go a long way for Yonger.

Elevation will play a factor tonight. It will be interesting to see how Yonger especially handles the elevation change. I am guessing the staff will have a game plan for him to pick and choose his attacks in the first couple periods to avoid gassing in the 3rd.

Fingers crossed there are no COVID issues and we get a full dual!

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Key matches tonight:
133- Wyoming kid is ranked 33 in the Intermat rankings. Good opportunity for Ramazan to get a W and start to potentially crack some of the rankings
174- Hastings from Wyoming is a very good wrestler. If Devine can pull off the upset, I think he is set as the guy for the rest of the year and becomes a potential R12 guy
184- Marcus should win, but Tate Samuelson is a good wrestler. Will be a good test, but I expect Marcus to win by 3-4 points
197- Great opportunity for Yonger against a top 5 kid. Win and cement yourself as a potential finalist contender. A close loss isn't the worst thing, but a win would go a long way for Yonger.

Elevation will play a factor tonight. It will be interesting to see how Yonger especially handles the elevation change. I am guessing the staff will have a game plan for him to pick and choose his attacks in the first couple periods to avoid gassing in the 3rd.

Fingers crossed there are no COVID issues and we get a full dual!

Wright could be a good test for Carr. If David steamrolls him, look out.