x

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
They just assume we’ll get ourselves run over if we don’t have this bridge. Thx to the big donors for saving us from ourselves

The way I’ve gained weight over Christmas, the drivers won’t hit me because they figure they will get hung up on my fat *** if they run me over.

IIRC, someone DID get run over walking back to the vet med lots a couple of years back...

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
Jamie --- You are the BEST athletic director in the country. Bar none! Let me explain my exasperation, however, and perhaps that of many others. I've been a Cyclone fan for over a half-century. It seems the number of times we have been asked to "be patient", "stay loyal" have been many. Many/most have. Above you listed all the great facilities improvements in the offing. Congratulations. This is great, but that's not the problem. The problem is between the ears of the coaches and players in the major sports. What is it? They don't believe in themselves. You've said they work hard and practice hard, but when the "big one" is on the line, they don't show up. Believe us, Jamie, there are many outside the very loyal fan base that want to love us. MANY. Unless and until we can deliver when it counts, some of us will be left very, very frustrated --- perhaps to the point of walking away. You've said the road to success is not a straight line. Sure, but how long is that line? You've done your part with the facilities. GREAT job!! Somehow, someone needs to get in to the heads of the coaches and players to believe they are just as good and just as deserving of winning and success as anyone else in college athletics. As we speak, however, when it's all on the line (e.g. Notre Dame, Iowa, etc.) we just don't believe we belong there. The last month has proved that --- again.
Wasn't there a "Moron" button for some folks at one time? This one needs it.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
CSP has not done any worse than CFH. The best NCAA performance by an ISU coach has been a guy who possibly was dealing with addiction.

I agree one hundred percent ...and yes Larry Eustacy had a serious and I mean SERIOUS drinking problem and chasing coeds.....but Larry won 33 games with Fizer and Tinsley ...now that will never be done again in MY LIFETIME...

• Useful
Reactions: CTTB78

Cyfern

Sep 26, 2019
Wasn't there a "Moron" button for some folks at one time? This one needs it.
If there were, YOU would have punched it a long time ago. What I really like about this site is that someone with whom you disagree is always a moron. You need a good civics class. Oh, wait. It's not too late. You're still in junior high.

Last edited:

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
If there were, YOU would have punched it a long time ago. What I really like about this site is that someone with whom you disagree is always a moron. You need a good civics class. Oh, wait. It's not too late. You're still in junior high.

I agree that the basketball program is in trouble but there is no way all this hand-wringing over the football program makes any sense. We are at the highest level we've been since the '70's at least and probably further back than that. 10 years ago people were seriously questioning whether we could EVER compete at a Power 5 level. I would have liked it if we'd shown up better against Notre Dame, but are Iowa State fans really going to whine and complain about losing to a very good Notre Dame team in a bowl game?

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I agree that the basketball program is in trouble but there is no way all this hand-wringing over the football program makes any sense. We are at the highest level we've been since the '70's at least and probably further back than that. 10 years ago people were seriously questioning whether we could EVER compete at a Power 5 level. I would have liked it if we'd shown up better against Notre Dame, but are Iowa State fans really going to whine and complain about losing to a very good Notre Dame team in a bowl game?

I don't understand complaining about football. Oh, we took a shot at a good Notre Dame team and fell short. That's just so much worse than never getting the shot.

Now, I'd disagree with Pollard that the selection was a show of national respect or whatever. It's just from our fans spending money, but he has good examples he could use to show that we are more respected, like our preseason rankings, coach's reputation, Gameday, et al.