Xavier Foster removed from team; target of sexual assault investigation

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

Hmmm. Am I remembering correctly that the victim was with a group of guys, someone drugged her, and somebody later told her she had been assaulted by Foster?

I would have to assume that whatever DNA they collected didn't match Foster for him to be dismissed as a suspect.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Yeah TJ really had to set the tone. You only get to do that once when new.

When you have a player tell the head coach that they need him more than he needs Iowa State, I’m more than happy to see him shown the door. If he’s actually working at Pella Windows now on the line, it’s pretty obvious he needed Iowa State more than they needed him.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Foster may get in a MVC team and average 10 ppg and 5 RPG. He just doesn’t have the drive to become great for his athleticism and size.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Guilty until proven innocent then?
Doesn't get more innocent than than walking away, like he just did.

TJ commentary at the time seemed to point to there being multiple reasons for being kicked off the team, if I remember correctly... who knows. I'd generally agree with the stance that he alone doesn't change this team much (and ik fact would make it worse if he didn't buy into TJ's system). It's not like Foster was the only one kicked out from the team.

Reactions: cyclone1209

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Xavier will never be great. He also has feet problems multiple times. Hope he can get healthy and play somewhere and do good for himself but not Iowa state level.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
There are far worse places to work with far less pay. He's probably making over $20 with full benefits. I was making about 7 bucks an hour when I was 19.
The experience of working an 8 hour shift at 20 yrs old might be a good thing for him and cause him to mature. Would be great if he turned his life around.

Give credit to his parents for making him work instead of sitting at home playing video games.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
The experience of working an 8 hour shift at 20 yrs old might be a good thing for him and cause him to mature. Would be great if he turned his life around.

Give credit to his parents for making him work instead of sitting at home playing video games.
He'll probably go JUCO at Indian Hills or something then end up in the MVC somewhere, if he's even still interested in playing basketball.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
There are far worse places to work with far less pay. He's probably making over $20 with full benefits. I was making about 7 bucks an hour when I was 19.

I worked at the one in Story City one summer when I stayed to work out for football. I quit after 3 weeks, absolutely the worst job I've ever had. I have no idea how someone can work a factory job like that for their entire work career. It was so boring that 8 hours would seem like 4 days.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I worked at the one in Story City one summer when I stayed to work out for football. I quit after 3 weeks, absolutely the worst job I've ever had. I have no idea how someone can work a factory job like that for their entire work career. It was so boring that 8 hours would seem like 4 days.

I worked at an IBP one summer on the line cutting abscess out of pork. It was um something.