Xavier/Stanford

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I thought Xavier was undeserving its consideration for a high seed - not so. I picked Stanford to win it all - maybe they aren't as good as I thought. We'll see.

isucy1234

Apr 2, 2009
Did you see the end of the game (Xavier missing 2 point blank layups)?

THAT is the reason I don't watch girls basketball.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Did you see the end of the game (Xavier missing 2 point blank layups)?

THAT is the reason I don't watch girls basketball.

I can't even remember the last time I watched a basketball game with that big of a choke job at the end of a game. To miss one uncontested layup is bad, but to miss a second one in unbelievable. Then when you don't think it can get any worse they let Standford dribble almost the length of the court to win on a layup.

wbbnut

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I can't even remember the last time I watched a basketball game with that big of a choke job at the end of a game. To miss one uncontested layup is bad, but to miss a second one in unbelievable.......

I've been biting my tongue on this, so don't flame me if I offer this up: Wasn't this kind of the season that the ISU MBB team had this year? :jimlad:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Another big Xavier miss was the free throw prior to the two muffed lay ups which would have given them the one-point lead with seconds left.

Stanford/OU --This will be my pick as the best game of the finals.

Obviously, UCONN is a 40+-point favorite no matter who they play. Thank God for all the other top-notch schools for providing the wonderful close exciting games. UCONN in all their success has taken the fun out of winning and losing.