"yellow-eye" reduction

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Does anyone know how to get rid of "yellow-eyes" in digital photos of animals? Similar to "red-eyes" in people photographs which seems to be included in some form in every photo editor ... but yellow ...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Definitely a new one. A quick google search returned this...but I'm sure there are better tools for it.

Red-eye reduction downloads - Red Eye Pilot Plugin, Red Eye Pilot, Red Eye Pilot for Mac

Red Eye Pilot Plugin removes red eyes from your photos directly within Adobe Photoshop or Corel Photo Paint. You can adjust the pupil area and brightness, and preview the results real-time. The program keeps structure of the pupil. You can also remove blue, green or yellow eyes from your pet's photos.

I use Photoshop CS3 for image editing, yet I'm not sure that has such a tool. I'd probably need to select the eyes, create a layer and edit the color from there.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Let the pet go outside quick and pee before you take the picture...plus it also eliminates the floating teeth effect on the picture too.

For what it's worth???

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
If you can get one red, and one yellow, I don't see what the problem is. It just says your pet has the soul of a cyclone.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I know about the red-eye tool, but I don't believe it has something for yellow-eye - unless the red-eye can be manipulated to correct yellow-eye.

Jul 25, 2007
I'm a nomad.
I edit animal eyes in Photoshop Elements all the time. You need to select the "yellow" color in the eye and put it on it's own layer. Then, remove all the color from that layer, then adjust the levels to darken back up. This will keep some definition in the eye instead of just a solid black dot. After that you flatten the image back to 1 layer and bingo bango bongo, yellow eye gone.