Yet Another Boneheaded Move by the Iowa AD

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Beth Goetz is now the Interim AD and they won't start the search for the permanent AD until early in 2024. Seems like they are going to evaluate how she does and then if everything is good, they will keep her as the permanent AD at that time. I'm guessing she will be the new AD when it is all said and done.
Better looking than the old AD.

Reactions: 73Cyclone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Beth Goetz is now the Interim AD and they won't start the search for the permanent AD until early in 2024. Seems like they are going to evaluate how she does and then if everything is good, they will keep her as the permanent AD at that time. I'm guessing she will be the new AD when it is all said and done.
Hawk fans are handling it pretty much how I expected

Didn't even make it 10 posts in:
Absolutely do NOT want a female AD.

There, I said it.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Hawk fans are handling it pretty much how I expected

Didn't even make it 10 posts in:
and then explained it ..... that was a big woof.

Reactions: Kinch

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I think the fact that a dimwit like Barta kept his job that long makes it a very attractive job. Not sure if the next candidate will have the sexual assault victim “negotiation” skills Barta had, but I guess between Kirk’s skills in that area and crime scene cleanup they’ll probably be fine if that happens again.
if you lose the department $10 million in lawsuits you're still doing better than the previous guy!

Reactions: qwerty

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Smart, that will give her time to handle a lawsuit or two that the university seems to rack up at an incredible rate.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Someone
Great Idea!!
I-380 starts at zero in Iowa City and ends at mile 71 in Waterloo. If you’re tracking cumulative points for the Iowa offense that should get you half way through the season.
Someone should get a BF sticker and put it on the corresponding mile marker each week.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: NWICY and keepngoal

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Just the thought of KF and Mad Fran having to report to a female supervisor who actually may require some accountability and respect will be quite an entertaining storyline to follow in the next 12 months.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
and yet, Iowa somehow still seems to catch every break possible when the wider scenario is setup.

I saw their schedule yesterday. It’s the biggest pillow fight thing ever.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Iowa’s 2024 schedule is an even bigger pillow fight. It’s the 2015 laugher redux where they miss Ohio St, Michigan and Penn St. But I believe that was announced before USCLA joined so I don’t know if their 2024 schedule will be redone. Ferentz’s biggest asset in his 25 year tenure has been the schedule, it’s as if the Iowa AD has a buddy in the Big 10 office throwing them a bone every year.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The hoks are a joke. They are the fake ID of college football. That schedule every year is embarrassing. Whenever they do get a schedule with a team or 2 with a pulse, they get their butts handed to them. They should join UNI's conference.... its basically the same caliber opponents as what they get today. The Big 10 conference has always been the Big 2 (Michigan and tOSU). Add as many teams as you want, it will always be the Big 2.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Sad thing is that with an average QB - even with BF, they have a very easy path to 10-2 or 11-1 the next two years.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Sad thing is that with an average QB - even with BF, they have a very easy path to 10-2 or 11-1 the next two years.
Yep.

Looking at their schedule, if I set an O/U on playing 1.5 ranked teams (end of season), what do most people pick?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The 25 point thing has to be null and void now, right? Would think it goes out the window with the bright mind who was behind it.

Watch the new AD come in and just straight up fire Brian now
Barta is there until August first. No way they fire BF on 8/1 and then tell Kirk to find a new OC in a week or so.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron