Yikes! I’m Okay Not Playing UConn

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Our defense might have had a chance of keeping it around 15 or so. I think all of us knew this was the end of the road on Selection Sunday.

It's a shame when we have our best teams we are thrown into situations like this, meanwhile teams like Clemson and Alabama get put in a chaos region.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Illinois is having one of the worst shooting performances I've ever seen by a good offensive team.

IDK what's going on but it's not all UConn's defense.

All they hve to do now is run the shot clock out every possession.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

Clones2023

Sep 16, 2023
Truly embarrassing we lost to Illinois. I’m not saying that we would have beat UConn. However, I do think we would have had a better scoring 1st half than Illinois did AND not go on an 11 minute scoring drought…

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Truly embarrassing we lost to Illinois. I’m not saying that we would have beat UConn. However, I do think we would have had a better scoring 1st half than Illinois did AND not go on an 11 minute scoring drought…

It wasn't embarassing. Illinois played well, and ISU played not great. Illinois is playing not great defense, and cannot make a shot to save their life.

Sample size of 1, though.

Just happy to be there, all things considered. It's *next* year (or possibly the following) that we'll have real high expectations, depending on development (and lack of transfer) of a couple players.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Illinois is having one of the worst shooting performances I've ever seen by a good offensive team.

IDK what's going on but it's not all UConn's defense.

All they hve to do now is run the shot clock out every possession.
Doesn’t look like Illinois has anything left in the tank after playing our defense two games ago. Completely out of gas.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Not embarrassed, but when I saw the brackets I had ISU in the elite 8. Illinois is a good team....but ISU had handled better this year.

Reactions: Cyclad

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Based on some of the scoring droughts we have gone on there’s no way you can be confident we would score any better than Illinois has tonight. But yes I do think our defense would have at least given UConn a bit of trouble. This game is just a complete mismatch.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: BigCyFan and 83cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron