Yikes

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
This punch is from the same kid that knocked up the sister of one his teammates and is suppose to be the son of a pastor? Pack his bags and send him back to the streets! If that is what you think you want out of your Cyclones check yourself at the door. Embarrassing!

His fathers profession is not relevant to this discussion.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
This punch is from the same kid that knocked up the sister of one his teammates and is suppose to be the son of a pastor? Pack his bags and send him back to the streets! If that is what you think you want out of your Cyclones check yourself at the door. Embarrassing!

Nice.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I'm really kind of surprised that doesn't happen more often given the nature of the sport.

It's violent but it is within agreed upon rules. The UFC is way less restrained but you still don't see very many instances of stuff happening before/after the whistle and guys that do get a bad reputation (or firing) pretty quick.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I agree, but with that being said I can't stand guys like Miller (or Mike Evans) who push guys in the head\face unnecessarily when cutting them or out of bounds. That is a complete lack of respect that drives me nuts when I see it.

I agree completely and I wouldn't have faulted Nardo at all for standing his ground there, or even that much for pushing back. Just no room for throwing a punch in wrestling.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.

You should be embarrassed.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
An ISU wrestler throws a punch on the mat and it turns into an indictment on Iowa wrestling. Makes perfect sense.

This is about the best we can do these days. Especially a certain poster.

When is the last time Iowa had a kid DQ'd?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Because he he throws a punch, he should get punish IMO and is it sounds, and gets a girl pregnant, which over half my HS class girls were pregnant by 2 years into college for comparison, you think he should go? The pregnant issue, as long as everything was consensual, is irrelevant. Those things happen. You are just mud flinging here and most will come back at you.

The punch, needs to not happen again, especially this year. Needs to be punished hard, a push back I have no issues with-- stand your ground, but not reason to ever throw a punch at meet. Hopefully a learning mistake and he does learn. I'm sure you never made a mistake at 19 or 20 years old.

Gonzo, quick question. Had many iowa fans tell me what a scumbag and dirtball KG was when he kinda taunted the iowa crowd last year. I think he is a great role model for kids, what do you think? They said Ramos acted more upstanding than KG. My son has had interactions with both at camps and gave me his assessment.

BTW, I had no part in any of the previous mentioned pregnancies.

CYF5

Dec 15, 2013
This is about the best we can do these days. Especially a certain poster.

When is the last time Iowa had a kid DQ'd?

I don't know when the last time was....but their role model coach Terry Brands was DQ for fighting during a match against Penn State when he was in college. Gilman absolutely should have been DQ for that slam at NCAA last year.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I agree completely and I wouldn't have faulted Nardo at all for standing his ground there, or even that much for pushing back. Just no room for throwing a punch in wrestling.
Agreed...that's what I was talking about in my post. My take is if you have enough energy to throw a punch maybe you could have spent some more energy on the mat (thought he wrestled well but you get the point). Just stand up go face to face and let HIM make the dumb decision. Proves you aren't going to take **** and you can't be raddled to the point of them getting fully in your head.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Because he he throws a punch, he should get punish IMO and is it sounds, and gets a girl pregnant, which over half my HS class girls were pregnant by 2 years into college for comparison, you think he should go? The pregnant issue, as long as everything was consensual, is irrelevant. Those things happen. You are just mud flinging here and most will come back at you.

The punch, needs to not happen again, especially this year. Needs to be punished hard, a push back I have no issues with-- stand your ground, but not reason to ever throw a punch at meet. Hopefully a learning mistake and he does learn. I'm sure you never made a mistake at 19 or 20 years old.

Gonzo, quick question. Had many iowa fans tell me what a scumbag and dirtball KG was when he kinda taunted the iowa crowd last year. I think he is a great role model for kids, what do you think? They said Ramos acted more upstanding than KG. My son has had interactions with both at camps and gave me his assessment.

BTW, I had no part in any of the previous mentioned pregnancies.

I've never met KG or TR, so I have no clue what kind of role models they are or would be. I hate it when any wrestler does anything to taunt a crowd after a match, whether they wrestle for Iowa or ISU. I hated it when Gadson did it last year, I hated it whenever Ramos did it. Shake hands, shut up and get off the mat. Seemed like there were alot of ISU fans who spit venom when an Iowa wrestler does it, but were fine with Gadson doing it. Pretty hypocritical.

As an aside, I had Gadson's mother as a teacher in a few of my classes way back when I was a student at Iowa, and she was awesome. One of the best profs I had. So I wouldn't be surprised if he was a class kid.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don't know when the last time was....but their role model coach Terry Brands was DQ for fighting during a match against Penn State when he was in college. Gilman absolutely should have been DQ for that slam at NCAA last year.

I agree Gilman should have been DQ'd. That Brands match was over 20 years ago. Some people hate the Brands with such a passion they try to paint the program as dirty or something just because a small percentage of Iowa wrestlers will give an extra little shove, and they ignore the fact that most Iowa wrestlers don't.

Aug 22, 2013
Ok - Agree that young people deserve second chances but this young man continually drops the ball and lets his team down. Talent or Character? I choose Character and any one of you that thinks throwing that cheap punch in a college wrestling meet can be spun as a positive needs to check their own character.

A push is not a punch. That punch was cheap and dangerous. Embarrassed to be a Cyclone!

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Ok - Agree that young people deserve second chances but this young man continually drops the ball and lets his team down. Talent or Character? I choose Character and any one of you that thinks throwing that cheap punch in a college wrestling meet can be spun as a positive needs to check their own character.

A push is not a punch. That punch was cheap and dangerous. Embarrassed to be a Cyclone!

The fact that you're a cyclone makes me embarrassed to be a cyclone.