You get one restaurant that’s closed in Ames to come back…

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Lots of favorite restaurants have closed over the years in Ames.

If you could bring back only one restaurant that’s closed no matter how recent or long ago it was, what would it be?

Fast food. Deli. Pizza. Fancy. Anything goes.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Old George's on Main was awesome.
Yeah, it was top notch. They changed locations multiple times after that, and each time they moved, their prices increased. A big group of us from the place I worked at the time, used to go every Friday for lunch, but they never accepted credit/debit and their prices kept climbing. We stopped going after a while and then they relocated again. It's too bad, because their pizza was easily the best in town.

Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah, it was top notch. They changed locations multiple times after that, and each time they moved, their prices increased. A big group of us from the place I worked at the time, used to go every Friday for lunch, but they never accepted credit/debit and their prices kept climbing. We stopped going after a while and then they relocated again. It's too bad, because their pizza was easily the best in town.
Their gyros were awesome too.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I have to say mine would be DaVinci’s. I loved everything on that menu and it was priced right.
One of my close friends used to manage Davinci's back in the early 2000's. He claims he still remembers all of the recipes, and can make it all from scratch, but has never done so for me, despite many requests.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ames area...Minsky's.
I remember that maybe on Welch where Mickeys is and West Ames where the old old car dealership was. Don't remember if that was Wagner Honda or Wilson's?