You Going to See Top Gun: Maverick?

Are you going to watch Top Gun: Maverick in theaters?

• Yes

Votes: 142 51.4%
  • No

Votes: 72 26.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Who cares

Votes: 24 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I don't understand why people get worked up over actors personal lives. Same goes for musicians. As long as they aren't doing anything heinous like Cosby who cares. If you are going to limit yourself to actors and performers who's personal choices you agree with you are going to severely limit your entertainment options. A lot of those people are detached from reality.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I don't understand why people get worked up over actors personal lives. Same goes for musicians. As long as they aren't doing anything heinous like Cosby who cares. If you are going to limit yourself to actors and performers who's personal choices you agree with you are going to severely limit your entertainment options. A lot of those people are detached from reality.
I refuse to enable it. I understand your point, but I'm tired of this laissez faire morality we all have just accepted.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We're all just consumers voting with our choice. I don't judge that others don't mind. I will however present the idea that other ways are possible.

If the other way includes not getting these Mission Impossible movies and this new Top Gun movie, well I don't want to live with that possibility.

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I watched it on Sunday at the Waukee IMAX. The movie was incredible and really well done. With young kids and a busy schedule, I rarely go to the theatre but this movie was definitely worth seeing (especially in IMAX). The flying scenes were so intense that I felt exhausted after the movie was over.

The only bad part of the experience was that I accidentally clicked a button on the theatre seat that turned on heated seats. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to turn that off but it made things a bit uncomfortable.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
Saw it this weekend with the wife. Even she wanted to go back and watch it again. I thought it was amazing and want to go see it in IMAX now.

Reactions: Clonezz74

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
My wife and I have been to San Diego three times and each time we've had lunch at the little BBQ restaurant where some of the scenes from the original movie were filmed. I haven't seen the new movie yet, but I'm curious if they revisited the same restaurant.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I saw it yesterday, it's a fun movie.

It doesn't have the kickass soundtrack the original has but the plot is better and has more humor in it.

It's an A- summer movie.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycho1 and bos

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron