You got to love the fear Hawk fans have for Rhoads

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Paul Rhodes to Auburn smoke

Classic fear thread on HN. Hawk fans know Rhoads is one step closer to controlling this state and taking the next step in the program. Ferentz's program is falling apart at the seams and Rhoad's progressions and facility improvements will help lead the continued change in the state. Iowa has already lost their #1 recruit to Indiana and others are rumored to be looking else where. Add in the inabilities to do well with probably the easiest schedule in the country, and you have fear setting in the Hawkeye fanbase. I dont blame them, there is no doubt Rhoads can see this unfolding in front of him and the shift in powers began as early as last season.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I'd resisted the urge to lurk on a Hawkeye forum for a long time. Wish I had held out longer. That was...something.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
"Isu is not his dream job and he said so last year." He said so last year? Did I miss this interview somewhere?

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
"
[h=2]Paul Rhodes to Auburn smoke[/h]
He has a history there and its on the short list of his dream jobs.

Isu is not his dream job and he said so last year. "

I don't remember this. Is this about the time he signed that 80 year extension?
Also, they hashtag on their forum. God, I ******* hate hok fans.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
"
Paul Rhodes to Auburn smoke

He has a history there and its on the short list of his dream jobs.

Isu is not his dream job and he said so last year. "

I don't remember this. Is this about the time he signed that 80 year extension?
Also, they hashtag on their forum. God, I ******* hate hok fans.

Yeah, CPR put out a press conference listing his dream jobs, didn't you see that?

He's incorrectly referencing the interview last year where CPR said he didn't really expect to stay at ISU till he retires.
CPR was actually trying to say that it's rare for any coach anymore to stay somewhere that long, but he did say that he would be happy to be able to do that.

Anyone who thinks that the Auburn AD and boosters would push to hire ANOTHER head coach away from Iowa State is effin crazy. They couldn't sell Gene Chizik and his 5-17 record and they wont "settle" for CPR either. They would probably go for an SEC assistant coach before they'd go after CPR. I think Charlie Strong would have a good shot at it, if the boosters aren't racist.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Yeah, CPR put out a press conference listing his dream jobs, didn't you see that?

He's incorrectly referencing the interview last year where CPR said he didn't really expect to stay at ISU till he retires.
CPR was actually trying to say that it's rare for any coach anymore to stay somewhere that long, but he did say that he would be happy to be able to do that.

Anyone who thinks that the Auburn AD and boosters would push to hire ANOTHER head coach away from Iowa State is effin crazy. They couldn't sell Gene Chizik and his 5-17 record and they wont "settle" for CPR either. They would probably go for an SEC assistant coach before they'd go after CPR. I think Charlie Strong would have a good shot at it, if the boosters aren't racist.

I'd sort of buy Rhoads to Auburn if they coach they were firing was anyone other than Gene Chizik.

And you do have to love that when Rhoads basically said he wasn't going to stick around forever if this program never improved they heard it as he was looking for the first job offer out of town.

TheBentStick

Aug 15, 2012
There's a person who goes by "doublewide" that posted on that thread. I couldn't think of a better Iowa fan username myself. It's so... literal!

Doublewide is actually a Clone fan - they seem to tolerate him most of the time because he's pretty tame.
E11en comes across as an angry Hawk in this thread. Apparently he was banned from CF?

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
Doublewide is actually a Clone fan - they seem to tolerate him most of the time because he's pretty tame.
E11en comes across as an angry Hawk in this thread. Apparently he was banned from CF?

He comes across as a smug little puke over here.. Pretty annoying to read his posts

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
Am I the only one who thinks Hawkeye11en1 is a complete tool?
no.

i lurk every now and again for amusement, but I do not understand the reasoning for talking/typing like a 6 year old with down syndrome and only 4 fingers...or should I say...

I lurk ever now n gain far amusement, but eh do nut understand teh reeson far talk/type leh a 6 yur old wit down syndrome n only far fingar

Last edited:

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Doublewide posts here. E11en seems a little butthurt. I always found it hilarious he was tolerable over here but then reading his posts over there, he acted just like HawkfromNorwalk, Vintage/Scorpio/etc., and the other mouth breathers.

That thread reeks of jealousy.

Status
Not open for further replies.