You guys don't get it! Iowa fans don't care about the Directors Cup

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Re: Close, but not quite...

but that has nothing to do with the team, they will literally only come if the weather is fair.

Its actually so true thinking back to that missouri game for the north championship I think the actual attendance was like 28,000 and I was one of them.

Last edited:

salaunese

Sep 22, 2009
How many national titles or BCS bowl games has ISU won? Hell has ISU even been to a January bowl?

I'll take winning the Orange Bowl and the national championship by the wrestling team

Baseball? Ever improving. ISU does not have a team.

Basketball? Iowa owns ISU head to head in the series

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
How many national titles or BCS bowl games has ISU won? Hell has ISU even been to a January bowl?

I'll take winning the Orange Bowl and the national championship by the wrestling team

Baseball? Ever improving. ISU does not have a team.

Basketball? Iowa owns ISU head to head in the series

Sally . . you wouldn't have a wrestling team if it wasn't for Iowa State.

How many Big 10 Basketball titles have your beloved Hawks won (Keep it recent say within the last 20 years)?

Boy you guys really have dominated the CY-HAWK series even with your beloved football team's success. :biglaugh:

Without football and Hayden Fry's legacy . . Iowa would be another Indiana drawing a check without earning it in the Big 10.

How's your track season going?

This silly game can go on ad infinitem.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

Iowa Hawkeye fans are not fair weather football fans. If you want to see fair weather football fans, just go catch a game at Jack Trice in November.:wink:

If you are implying Iowa fans show up in droves no matter what, then I got to call you on this. :wink:

I was at the 1998 Iowa-Northwestern game during Fry's last season. It was rainy, cold and the stands were not even half full. Iowa lost the game and finished 3-8 that year.

So if you are saying Iowa does a pretty good filling up the stadium when they are winning, then I would agree with you.

Nah, for the most part I would have to agree with you that Iowa fans do a good job filling up the stadium the vast majority of the times. I just had to yank your chain a bit because I don't think Iowa fans filled up the stadium all that much in 1998.

As for the Missouri game with the North Division title on the line, you can't believe the number of my buddies who didn't go to the game because it was too cold. WIMPS!

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

If you are implying Iowa fans show up in droves no matter what, then I got to call you on this. :wink:

I was at the 1998 Iowa-Northwestern game during Fry's last season. It was rainy, cold and the stands were not even half full. Iowa lost the game and finished 3-8 that year.

So if you are saying Iowa does a pretty good filling up the stadium when they are winning, then I would agree with you.

Nah, for the most part I would have to agree with you that Iowa fans do a good job filling up the stadium the vast majority of the times. I just had to yank your chain a bit because I don't think Iowa fans filled up the stadium all that much in 1998.

As for the Missouri game with the North Division title on the line, you can't believe the number of my buddies who didn't go to the game because it was too cold. WIMPS!

Hey, I can take a joke. I wasn't being completely serious with my comment either. Just some good natured ribbing.

To your comments: I think the revovations helped alot in that regard but there will probably be seasons in the future where Iowa's attendance drops to 60-65 thousand which will include packed stadiums for ISU or Wisconsin (or Nebraska it looks like) and half filled stadiums later in the year against a Northwestern or Indiana.

I guess my point was no matter how bad it got, you'd never see what happened with Iowa basketball happen with Iowa football. (and no matter how cold it was, if Iowa is playing for a chance for a championship, the place is going to be packed:wink:)

salaunese

Sep 22, 2009
Sally . . you wouldn't have a wrestling team if it wasn't for Iowa State.

How many Big 10 Basketball titles have your beloved Hawks won (Keep it recent say within the last 20 years)?

Boy you guys really have dominated the CY-HAWK series even with your beloved football team's success. :biglaugh:

Without football and Hayden Fry's legacy . . Iowa would be another Indiana drawing a check without earning it in the Big 10.

How's your track season going?

This silly game can go on ad infinitem.

Iowa owns a 56-16-2 record in the wrestling series. That is quite large

Iowa won 2 titles under Kurdlemier in the 70s prior to Gable arriving

Iowa actually has a football history prior to the demise in the 60s and 70s and resurgence in the early 80s. Iowa has actually won the Big 10 multiple times and won the Rose Bowl (twice) previously.

Iowa has gone to the Final Four in basketball, ISU never has, even with their best team. (Fizer, Tinsley etc) Iowa has gone to the Elite 8 and Sweet 16

The field hockey team is a national power

ISU is 0-31 vs the Iowa Women's Tennis Team

ISU is 4-40-1 vs the Iowa Men's Tennis Team

ISU's "vaunted" Women's Volleyball team is 20-21-1 vs Iowa

ISU's Men's bball team is 20-42 vs Iowa in basketball. 17-24 vs Iowa since 1970 and 5-6 vs Iowa since 2000, which incidentally has been Iowa's worst decade in a long time.

ISU's Women's bball team is 18-21 vs Iowa overall.

ISU's Men's baseball team has the edge 63-59-1. ISU no longer has baseball and Iowa's team finished 2nd in the Big 10 tournament. It is also improving each year

Iowa has done their share in the Big 10 revenue sports.

Football? check Basketball? check

ISU's strongest point is women's athletics

JJ4ISU

Apr 11, 2006
WDM Side of Waukee
The University of Iowa should be embarrassed at the overall performance of their athletic program with the kind of funding they receive from the Big 10 Conference television package!

salaunese

Sep 22, 2009
The University of Iowa should be embarrassed at the overall performance of their athletic program with the kind of funding they receive from the Big 10 Conference television package!

The U of Iowa's athletic dept does not depend on state funding unlike their brother institution to the west.

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008

Iowa actually has a football history prior to the demise in the 60s and 70s and resurgence in the early 80s. Iowa has actually won the Big 10 multiple times and won the Rose Bowl (twice) previously.

Iowa has gone to the Final Four in basketball, ISU never has, even with their best team. (Fizer, Tinsley etc) Iowa has gone to the Elite 8 and Sweet 16

ISU's Men's bball team is 20-42 vs Iowa in basketball. 17-24 vs Iowa since 1970 and 5-6 vs Iowa since 2000, which incidentally has been Iowa's worst decade in a long time.

ISU's Men's baseball team has the edge 63-59-1. ISU no longer has baseball and Iowa's team finished 2nd in the Big 10 tournament. It is also improving each year

thread over

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007

You missed shuffle boarding and field hockey? You're like the little junior high kid bragging about his marbles. The only problem . . those marbles are antiques from the past. To defend your PATHETIC athletic program in the Big 10 (with all that cabbage your institution gets from the 10) . . you OUGHT to be ASHAMED.

I kinda like working in the current generation and that tells me ISU/Iowa are pretty much equal except for football. Guess what SALLY . . your ilk didn't have anything to do with bringing in the big cheat from Texas . . haydenfry. Iowa is LUCKY to have launched their fortunes with the 10 . . and letting that big cheat from North Texas and SMU take over the football program.

Given ISU's athletic budget and overcoming the pro Iowa media . . I'd can argue all day that ISU has done a substantially better job with its athletic program. PLUS, you guys are going to get an education now that NU is in the 10. With exception of basketball (for right now) . . they are going to dominate the hawks and you can kiss those easy BCS opportunities good by. I will cheer them on all the way and enjoy seeing your ilk whine like the little babies you are. Question for you . . do you have a life or do you camp out on this site to just be a constant irritant or jerk. Or is it PUNK?

Last edited:

M3MEPLEASE

Sep 4, 2009

Ouch.

M3MEPLEASE

Sep 4, 2009
You missed shuffle boarding and field hockey? You're like the little junior high kid bragging about his marbles. The only problem . . those marbles are antiques from the past. To defend your PATHETIC athletic program in the Big 10 (with all that cabbage your institution gets from the 10) . . you OUGHT to be ASHAMED.

I kinda like working in the current generation and that tells me ISU/Iowa are pretty much equal except for football. Guess what SALLY . . your ilk didn't have anything to do with bringing in the big cheat from Texas . . haydenfry. Iowa is LUCKY to have launched their fortunes with the 10 . . and letting that big cheat from North Texas and SMU take over the football program.

Given ISU's athletic budget and overcoming the pro Iowa media . . I'd can argue all day that ISU has done a substantially better job with its athletic program. PLUS, you guys are going to get an education now that NU is in the 10. With exception of basketball (for right now) . . they are going to dominate the hawks and you can kiss those easy BCS opportunities good by. I will cheer them on all the way and enjoy seeing your ilk whine like the little babies you are. Question for you . . do you have a life or do you camp out on this site to just be a constant irritant or jerk. Or is it PUNK?

Jealousy is a stinky cologne.

EastSide

Jun 11, 2010
The fact is, you guys would trade your beloved Directors Cup ranking :biglaugh: in a heartbeat to have the success that Iowa currently has in football and wrestling.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
The fact is, you guys would trade your beloved Directors Cup ranking :biglaugh: in a heartbeat to have the success that Iowa currently has in football and wrestling.

Another nut hawk looking to agitate? What a pathetic life you must live.

epstud74

Jun 12, 2010

I believe he did mention the field hockey team. Not sure if ISU has a team, so I'm sure that is probably why it was not compared side to side. ISU's budget is subsized by the general fund via the state. Iowa's is not, so I'm not sure what you're crying about here. You're coming off as a jealous cry baby in here. Not good form. Iowa has arguably been better than Nebraska over the last 6-7 years. You beat them in Lincoln this year, did you not? I'm getting the idea you're one of those fans that hate being presented with the facts.

Spursfan11

Jun 13, 2010

You are one of those cool Iowa fans that has this all on an icon, so you can just cut and paste. You are the man.

I will bet that you go to all of the other teams in the Big 10, and do this same schtick.

BTW, you should be ashamed for using the name in vain of a player who passed away tragically at a young age.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron