You might be a Hawkeye if.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
These are true.

You think a Hawkeye is a real bird
You buy a black car and get yellow pinstripes on it then brag about it being hawkeye colors
You cannot find Iowa City on a map
The reason you became a Hawk fan is because everyone else is doing it
You dont know college Football games are played on Saturday.
After every loss you want KF fired.
Your favotite meal is broasted chicken, french fries, and a cold beer while smoking a cigarette.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
If you think Kirk Ferentz is God and then hate him after a loss, you might be a Hawkeye fan.

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You do realize there are ISU fans who do this same thing, right?

Agreed, and i have no problem with rooting against a rival. I never get the 'support them because theyre from iowa' thing. Do you see this happen with Aggies\Longhorns, Duke\UNC, Alabama\Auburn, etc? Not so much.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
You cant name more than 4 players on your favorite team
Youve never been to a game in IA City
You say who won the Iowa game? Followed by trash talking about how great the hawks are and how youre a huge fan.
You like the team because thats who you date likes
You dont know who the stadiums named after
You make fun of Jack Trice but havent ever been there. (this goes the same for ISU tailgating. Friend would never go then does and cant beleive how awesome it is)

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
You cant name more than 4 players on your favorite team
Youve never been to a game in IA City

You say who won the Iowa game? Followed by trash talking about how great the hawks are and how youre a huge fan.
You like the team because thats who you date likes
You dont know who the stadiums named after
You make fun of Jack Trice but havent ever been there. (this goes the same for ISU tailgating. Friend would never go then does and cant beleive how awesome it is)

This is the most frequent behavior from squawks that I see. Real legitimate fans...

I would also like to add, if you have had a family photo professionally taken with your whole family in sqauwk logo gear... you might be a hawkeye.

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
When you do "Windmill" high 5's with other cheetos dusted Hawk fans at Carlos O'Kellys when your team kicks a 23 yard field goal against Troy. While your wife screams out "Football and Farming that's what Iowa does"........awkward.......

(witnessed first hand in South Side Des Moines while working on a glycol pump system)

Status
Not open for further replies.