NBA: Your Dream Olympic team

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I was talking with a co-worker today about the roster for the Olympics this year. We then had a discussion on what your ideal dream 12 man roster would be. How many would you take from the 92 dream team?

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
John Stockton
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Steph Curry
Kobe Bryant
Clyde Drexler
LeBron James
Karl Malone
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal

still mulling over the final 2

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Is this a you can take anyone form any era type deal? If not I don't see how you improve on the '92 dream team they had everything you could ever want.

If so, then....

PG - Stockton, Kidd
G - MJ, Kobe
SF - Pippen, Elgin Baylor
PF - LBJ, Charles Barkley, Bill Russell
C - David Robinson, Shaq, Wilt
Starters

If I am building a roster for the Olympics give me one guy to build around, that is MJ. With Kobe and Wilt being the other two players that need ego attention. But Kobe will differ to MJ and Wilt will get the start over Moses, Robinson and Russell that should keep them in check. Everyone else on this team will do everything else that needs to be done on a basketball court to win. That is 5 from the '92 dream team. Some will argue you need Bird and Magic. I don't think so. Each of these guys at their Peaks were as good as we have seen at their respective positions. Let alone this will be an ever versatile lineup. As MJ, Kobe, Pippen, Baylor, LBJ all can play multiple positions. It is possible we are lacking a little athleticism on the PG spot, but take one of them out and put Baylor in and all the sudden, you are facing a freak line up.

Edit: I forgot Shaq, one does not simply forget Shaq. Moses is out Shaq is in. As for Tim Duncan, he should be on this team, but Barkley embraced being an Olympian so well that he was the glue that made that '92 team work. I couldn't leave him off.

Last edited:

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Russell Westbrook
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Steph Curry
Kobe Bryant
Larry Bird
LeBron James
Scottie Pippen
Karl Malone
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
You've got John stockton at PG over Magic Johnson?

alrighty then.

also, if we're playing with the three point line, Curry is my point guard and Steve Nash is his backup.

My closing lineup would be Durant at the 5, Lebron at the 4, Jordan at the 3, Ray Allen at 2, and Curry at point. Sure, you could have Shaq dominate against that lineup offensively but we'll gladly trade your 2's for our 3's.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
You've got John stockton at PG over Magic Johnson?

alrighty then.

also, if we're playing with the three point line, Curry is my point guard and Steve Nash is his backup.

My closing lineup would be Durant at the 5, Lebron at the 4, Jordan at the 3, Ray Allen at 2, and Curry at point. Sure, you could have Shaq dominate against that lineup offensively but we'll gladly trade your 2's for our 3's.

Why don't you just throw Hakeem and Dirk on the squad too?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Why don't you just throw Hakeem and Dirk on the squad too?

lol, you're right. Canadian is close enough right?

So then I'd take Magic as his backup for my defensive lineup of Magic, Jordan, Lebron, Pippen, and Wilt.

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
Michael Phelps
Mark Spitz
Carl Lewis

I'm already up to 36 combined gold medals with just three athletes.

Hopefully :jimlad: is not necessary.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
PG- CP3, Magic
SG- Steph, Kobe, MJ
SF- Durant, LBJ, Bird
PF- Duncan, Malone, Barkley
C- Shaq

The only ones I struggle with are CP3 and Barkley. I like CP3 because with all the scorers you need a distributor. Stockton could do it, but CP3 gets the nod over him. As for Barkley, need a little front court depth, and you have to appreciate having a guy on the team that isn't embarrassed to punk some Angolian guy.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Curry, Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Shaq (Youngsters)
Magic, Jordan, Bird, Russell, Wilt (Veterans)

Super Subs: Durant, Big O, KG

I almost had Ray Allen instead of KG, but didn't think the teams would need another shooter to open up the floor.
Pretty tough choices all around though.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Magic, Curry, Westbrook
Jordan, Kobe
Lebron, Bird
Duncan, Russell, KG
Shaq, Wilt

Latest posts

Help Support Us