Your Favorite Bowl Name

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Pick your favorite of 32 bowl names:

Houston TBD Bowl (city)
International Bowl in Toronto (wanna be)
Birmingham Bowl (city)
New Mexico Bowl (city state)
AutoZone Liberty (car)
Capital One (credit)
Champs Sports (food)
Chick-Fil-A (food)
Emerald :Clown: (diamond nuts)
Fed Ex Orange (transportation)
Gaylord Hotels Music City (hotels)
GMAC (credit)
PetraSun Independence (oil)
Insight:QuestionMark: (dot.com/old Copper Bowl)
Pioneer Pure Vision Las Vegas (amps/stereos)
MasterCard Alamo (credit)
Meineke Car Care (cars)
MPC Computers (computers)
Motor City (city)
Allstate Sugar (insurance)
Outback (food)
Pacific Life Holiday (insurance)
San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia:China Man: (credit)
Fort Worth (city)
Rose (city of flowers)
AT&T Cotton (communications)
Hawaii (city/state)
Tostitos Fiesta (food chips)
Toyota Gator (auto)
Brut (ex-Vitalis) Sun :Alien: (cologne)
New Orleans ex-Lafayette. (city)
Fifth BCS Championship (NCAA $$$$)

Where's the love from the beverage and oil companies: no Coke, no coke? No BP or Shell? I am sure we can do better. Any name changes to the list above?

For instance, AT&T Cotton Bowl is a mish mash. What does AT&T comm and cotton have in common? Toyota and Gators? Notta. And the way Detroit is going, Motor City might not be appropriate. Try Motorless.

For example, how about the Barney Cotton Bowl (media character Barney meets fabric.)

What does Autozone Liberty say? It would be better as the John Hancock Liberty Bowl.

Well, anyway, the 10,000 bowl names have become really convulated over the years. Time for a makeover.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Master Card Alamo implies it is the last stand for the credit card company. Actually Alamo the car company should be the main sponsor for Alamo Alamo Bowl.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Sure glad they moved the Lafyette New Orleans Bowl back to New Orleans just in time for all the New Orleans residents to return home who had been living in Lafyette.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Monkey is having crumpets in London, but I would anticipate he would rename the Emerald Bowl as the Emerald Nuts Bowl, or more elequently, the Emerald Jewels Bowl.

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
wesley!
are you making a statement that i am pre-occupied with nuggets? well you are right mate! I would be the first in line to name any bowl game after the marble sack....it would be my 2nd most dire wish right behind a re-count of that nasty little revolutionary war that was a tie I believe....

loboclone

Aug 8, 2006
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
The New Mexico Bowl, Gov. Richardson's answer to making sure the New Mexico Lobo's go to Bowl game in there own stadium. Remember the Humitiarian Bowl in Boise against boise state????

You folks remember Richardson, he was recently in Iowa riding around on the Wal-Mart Bus. That went over real well here in New Mexico

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Meineke Car Care - they took up the whole name for the sake of a few mufflers. Not even sure what the bowl is about except carbon monoxide.