• Texas A&M

Votes: 33 30.0%
  • Texas Tech

Votes: 10 9.1%

• Total voters

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
For three years now we have been told about how hard our schedule is going into the season. This year they claim it is the hardest to date, which is easy to understand on paper; however, every year there have been teams that have not preformed.

Overall, both 2009 and 2010 we expected a lot more than what we saw for our SOS.

Of all the good teams we play, what is your picks to tank?

I would have to put UConn and Missouri at the top.

ops, forgot to add UConn and Iowa to that poll- mods please add?

Last edited:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
For three years now we have been told about how hard our schedule is going into the season. This year they claim it is the hardest to date, which is easy to understand on paper; however, every year there have been teams that have not preformed.

Overall, both 2009 and 2010 we expected a lot more than what we saw for our SOS.

Texas.... again. Just because Mack Brown got rid of nearly his entire coaching staff doesn't mean the players are going to play much better.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I don't expect UConn to be good at all.

I think Texas will be down another year (but just one more year) as well.

I think A&M has the potential to be the incredibly disappointing team. Sherman has had some poor seasons with great talent, and those guys have to be incredibly distracted. Let's not forget that the zebras will be taking shots at them in every road game.

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
i'd go with texas: they should have the most funds available to purchase high-end armor to get their defense rating/stats up

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I don't expect UConn to be good at all.

No way. Haven't you seen their backup QB's trick throw video on Youtube? That thing has to be worth at least 9 to 10 wins for them this year. I mean seriously... that kid makes Joe Montana look like Ricky Stanzi. :jimlad:

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay

Interesting, and very true topic. The mental image I get of each team as I look at the schedule is of them at their best, but each year a few teams play far below expectations. I agree on UConn, but with Missouri I think if their new qb is worth anything they will be a very good team. I can't decide on what Texas will do, but I think A&M will dissapoint, and maybe OSU will miss Holgerson and dissapoint as well.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
Texas will be better than last year but not elite (7-8 wins)

My guess is ATM. They are not proven yet. they went on a run last year but with everyone able to prepare and with all of the distractions off the field I think they will have a major letdown

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
A&M

Top 10 to start the season. The 12th man will be tested in their first 4 games (all are home games)

SMU - played in bowl last year (their audition for the Big 12??)
Idaho - won 6 games, did not qualify for bowl
OK State
Arkansas - A&M have not won previous 2 meetings

Then they travel to Ames Oct. 22, and while the Aggies probably won't lose, it will hamper their prep for their next 3 games: Missouri, @ OU, @ K. State. You may scoff about K. State, but their last meeting was in 2009 where the final score was Aggie-14, Wildcats-62 They conclude the season with the Longhorns, who would like nothing better than to watch Aggie trip on their way out the door of the Big 12 conference.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Until Pinkel has a bad QB, I won't expect them to fall off. their defensive players have been really good the last couple years.

Sherman is putting a lot of returning starters out there...but also a ton of guys who have 2 years of starting experience under their belts as well. I expect Aggie to stay strong this year, but next year could be interesting as there's mass turnover.

If Texas starts with another fresh QB this fall, I will expect them to struggle again. OSU though may be my team to predict a tanking out of. OSU has a pretty tough road slate, and I don't recall them beating anyone good on the road last year. I feel they are untested in those waters.

Everyone seems to love the 2 man wrecking crew of Weeden and Blackmon and the 5 OL guys back....but they lost some key pieces on defense. I'm not sold on those guys cruising to bedlam still in the conference race.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
I'll say Mizzou. Ubben always talks about how good their Dline is. They got ran over in quite a few games last year. They also have an inexperienced secondary, lost their best olineman to injury, lost their QB to the draft, have no backup QB and they expect Franklin to run quite a bit, lost their best dlineman to the draft. They are talented, but they are losing quite a bit from a team I feel we could have beat had we made short fgs/caught pick 6s/didn't turn it over when we were driving.

I also don't expect Texas to be very good (6-7 wins).

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Also can't forget about Baylor. If they lose their one man show.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
i don't know who i'd qualify as likely to "tank" but i think quite a few teams in the big 12 are over-hyped.

Mizzou- james franklin is just assumed to be great, but i've read he's struggling.
Texas- same deal, but with their whole team
Tech- brought in an amazing recruiting class, but a new QB and we beat them last year when they were 8-5.
baylor- could be pretty solid this year, if the game was in ames, i'd notch it as a win. toss up in my opinion
k-state- could be pretty good too. i can't believe their awful passing game will be enough to have us not stack the box. we need to beat these guys

so thats most of the big 12. A&M always seems to be a let down, too. OK state and OU will roll

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
btw, how can kansas tank? 0-12 is possible, so i don't know how much worse they can be than 0-12.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
btw, how can kansas tank? 0-12 is possible, so i don't know how much worse they can be than 0-12.

I was thinking about that when I added it, but I had everyone else and most people expect us to be only a win or two better if we are better at all, so the same can be said of us.

I would expect Kansas to win a game or two so going 0-12 would be to tank. Also the question would be are they going to lose or LOSE if you know what I mean?